A new plug-and-play powerline communication (PLC) development toolset from STMicroelectronics accelerates the developmen...
Unex and STMicroelectronics announce the integration of Unex’s SOM-301, the most flexible and cyber-secure V2X System-on-Module...
In addition to enhanced temperature compensation, leveraging the sensor’s superior accuracy, the accelerometer benefits from unprecedented flexibility with 65 different user modes that enable developers to optimize power consumption and noise to meet application-specific requirements. It has user-selectable full-scale range up to ±16g and measures acceleration with output data rates from 1.6Hz to 1600Hz.
With about 30% lower package height than other combination sensors, at just 0.7mm, the LIS2DTW12 allows extra battery capacity for longer runtimes. Power-saving features let devices go even further between charges, and include a 50nA power-down mode, multiple operating modes down to less than 1µA, a dedicated internal engine for processing accelerometer signals, and a large 32-level FIFO to reduce intervention from the main controller.
The LIS2DTW12 provides 16-bit accelerometer data and 12-bit temperature data through a high-speed I2C/SPI port, and allows single data conversion on demand. The motion engine performs free-fall and wakeup detection, single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, stationary/motion detection, portrait/landscape detection, and 6D/4D orientation. ST’s advanced self-test capability is also built-in to verify the sensor is functioning correctly.
The LIS2DTW12 is specified from -40°C to +85°C and available now in the ultra-thin 2.0mm x 2.0mm x 0.7mm LGA-12 plastic land grid array package.
A dedicated adapter board, STEVAL-MKI190V1, is ready to use with the STEVAL-MKI109V3 microcontroller motherboard to connect to a PC running the Unico development GUI or a custom application for inspecting the sensor data.
- 1u-blox Redefines IoT Security with 5G-ready Cellular Module and Chipset for Low Power Wide Area IoT
- 2HOLTEK’s New HT66F0021/HT66F0031/HT66F0041 Cost-Effective MCUs
- 3USB 3.1 Flash Drive Key for Industrial Applications
- 4High-Performance MEMS Inertial Module from STM Targets Demanding AR, VR, and Tracking Applications
- 5Avalue Launch of Intel Coffee Lake Rugged Fanless Embedded System – EPS-CFS
- 6BOXER-8150AI: AI at the Speed of Sight
- 7Powerline Communication Development Toolset from STMicroelectronics
- 8Swissbit Introduces Industrial Grade 3D-NAND-SSD