Arrow Electronics, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics (ST) have introduced a low-power wireless multi-sensor edge-intelligence solution for smart factory...
STMicroelectronics has launched a web-based ecosystem to help designers build digital-power solutions using STM32 microcontrollers (MCUs)...
In addition to enhanced temperature compensation, leveraging the sensor’s superior accuracy, the accelerometer benefits from unprecedented flexibility with 65 different user modes that enable developers to optimize power consumption and noise to meet application-specific requirements. It has user-selectable full-scale range up to ±16g and measures acceleration with output data rates from 1.6Hz to 1600Hz.
With about 30% lower package height than other combination sensors, at just 0.7mm, the LIS2DTW12 allows extra battery capacity for longer runtimes. Power-saving features let devices go even further between charges, and include a 50nA power-down mode, multiple operating modes down to less than 1µA, a dedicated internal engine for processing accelerometer signals, and a large 32-level FIFO to reduce intervention from the main controller.
The LIS2DTW12 provides 16-bit accelerometer data and 12-bit temperature data through a high-speed I2C/SPI port, and allows single data conversion on demand. The motion engine performs free-fall and wakeup detection, single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, stationary/motion detection, portrait/landscape detection, and 6D/4D orientation. ST’s advanced self-test capability is also built-in to verify the sensor is functioning correctly.
The LIS2DTW12 is specified from -40°C to +85°C and available now in the ultra-thin 2.0mm x 2.0mm x 0.7mm LGA-12 plastic land grid array package.
A dedicated adapter board, STEVAL-MKI190V1, is ready to use with the STEVAL-MKI109V3 microcontroller motherboard to connect to a PC running the Unico development GUI or a custom application for inspecting the sensor data.
- 1Nexperia Delivers Widest Range of AEC-Q101 Discretes in Miniature, Leadless Rugged DFN Packages
- 2Renesas Introduces New Industrial Motor Commutation With High-Accuracy Inductive Position Sensing
- 3Toshiba Releases Industry’s First Photocouplers for High-Speed Communications Operating from 2.2V
- 4Würth Elektronik Presents Cat6-compatible WR-MJ Modular Jack Connectors
- 5HOLTEK New TinyPowerTM 40V/150mA HT75Hxx Series Ultra Low Quiescent Current with Protection
- 6STMicroelectronics Launches Web-based Ecosystem to Help Digital-power Solutions
- 7Avalue Introduces AIO POS Touchscreen Terminal and Smart Healthcare Solutions
- 8KEMET Introduces Three New Series of Film Capacitors
- 9AAEON Edge Solutions: Monitoring for Healthy Practices in Banking
- 10Fanless 4K Digital Signage Player with 8th Gen Intel Core U-Series Processors