Swissbit announces the introduction of its U-50n (Nano) - a small and robust USB 3.1 flash drive with capacities from 8 ...
Storage solutions specialist Swissbit has specifically fine-tuned its firmware to meet the requirements of industrial and NetCom companies. The firmware architecture, new features as well as the extensive product qualification and 100% final testing with long-term availability make X-75 an ideal SSD for applications such as automation, medical technology, industrial PCs, data-logging and NetCom-system boot-mediums.
This new family of industrial SATA-6-Gb/s-SSDs uses Toshiba BiCS3 NAND, specified and pretested to operate between -40 and 85°C, and Flash-controllers that support an impressive 165-bit-LDPC error correction. The 2.5” device has a tough die cast metal housing, which improves thermal behavior and stable performance. The robust and highly reliable products therefore conform to the demanding industrial temperature range of -40 to 85°C.
The 2.5” SSDs from the X-75 family will be available from 60GB to 2TB and are specified for both commercial and industrial temperature grades. Customers benefit from the longevity and attractive price points offered by the X-75 solutions while retaining the broad feature set of Swissbit’s popular X-60 range.
The SSD range offers capacities from 240GB to 2TB and uses a direct TLC write mode without SLC cache, which reduces Write Amplification Factor (WAF) and maintains a high sustained write data rate. The firmware achieves maximum endurance out of the 3000 P/E cycles specified for the 3D-NAND components. The use of SLC-Cache for the 60 and 120 GB X-75-drives further improves top performance.
Swissbit’s Data Care Management with background scan, Near Miss ECC, and complete protection of internal data paths (E2E DPP - End-to-End Data Path Protection) offers additional safety against data loss. The firmware applies an efficient Block RAID for all drives, which allows recovery of full page fails.
As an option, the drives support AES256 encryption and TCG-OPAL-2.0 access protection. Furthermore, Swissbit’s Lifetime Monitor shows highly detailed information about the current lifetime status of the device.
“As a specialist for storage and security solutions for demanding industrial, IoT, IIoT and NetCom applications we continue to add security features to our latest 3D NAND SSD product, thus offering a highly reliable and easy-to-integrate product for industrial-strength applications”, says Grady Lambert, General Manager Swissbit NA Inc.
- 1STM32Trust Ecosystem Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designers
- 2Rugged Display Technologies Enhance Reliability
- 3u-blox Enable AddMobile’s Connected Construction Site
- 4HOLTEK New BC45F7930/7940 Sub-1GHz Low-IF OOK RF Receiver 12V High Current MCU
- 5Renesas RX72M Industrial Network Solution with Major Sample Communication Protocols
- 6New Discovery Kits and Firmware from STMicroelectronics Kickstart STM32G4
- 7New congatec SMARC Module with NXP i.MX 8M Mini Processor
- 8HOLTEK New BC3602 Sub-1GHz FSK/GFSK Low Current RF Transceiver IC
- 9Samsung Brings Revolutionary Software Innovation to PCIe Gen4 SSDs for Maximized Storage Performance
- 10congatec Launches 100 Watt Ecosystem for Embedded Edge and Micro Servers