Swissbit announces the introduction of its N-20m2 SSD module, which delivers high speed PCIe performance from a small M.2 2230 form factor...
Swissbit launches EN-20, a new single chip solution which offers high speed PCIe SSD performance in a 3.2cm² BGA package...
Storage solutions specialist Swissbit has specifically fine-tuned its firmware to meet the requirements of industrial and NetCom companies. The firmware architecture, new features as well as the extensive product qualification and 100% final testing with long-term availability make X-75 an ideal SSD for applications such as automation, medical technology, industrial PCs, data-logging and NetCom-system boot-mediums.
This new family of industrial SATA-6-Gb/s-SSDs uses Toshiba BiCS3 NAND, specified and pretested to operate between -40 and 85°C, and Flash-controllers that support an impressive 165-bit-LDPC error correction. The 2.5” device has a tough die cast metal housing, which improves thermal behavior and stable performance. The robust and highly reliable products therefore conform to the demanding industrial temperature range of -40 to 85°C.
The 2.5” SSDs from the X-75 family will be available from 60GB to 2TB and are specified for both commercial and industrial temperature grades. Customers benefit from the longevity and attractive price points offered by the X-75 solutions while retaining the broad feature set of Swissbit’s popular X-60 range.
The SSD range offers capacities from 240GB to 2TB and uses a direct TLC write mode without SLC cache, which reduces Write Amplification Factor (WAF) and maintains a high sustained write data rate. The firmware achieves maximum endurance out of the 3000 P/E cycles specified for the 3D-NAND components. The use of SLC-Cache for the 60 and 120 GB X-75-drives further improves top performance.
Swissbit’s Data Care Management with background scan, Near Miss ECC, and complete protection of internal data paths (E2E DPP - End-to-End Data Path Protection) offers additional safety against data loss. The firmware applies an efficient Block RAID for all drives, which allows recovery of full page fails.
As an option, the drives support AES256 encryption and TCG-OPAL-2.0 access protection. Furthermore, Swissbit’s Lifetime Monitor shows highly detailed information about the current lifetime status of the device.
“As a specialist for storage and security solutions for demanding industrial, IoT, IIoT and NetCom applications we continue to add security features to our latest 3D NAND SSD product, thus offering a highly reliable and easy-to-integrate product for industrial-strength applications”, says Grady Lambert, General Manager Swissbit NA Inc.
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2BOXER-8222AI: The Power of AI at the Edge
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 4Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 5Toshiba Launches Ultra-Low Current Consumption CMOS Operational Amplifier
- 6STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 7HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 8u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 9PA760 Rugged Touch Computer Coupled with the Powerful Gun-Grip for Both Barcode & RFID Solutions
- 10ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device