congatec announced 10 new COM Express Type 6 modules featuring the best and latest Intel embedded processor technology. The four Intel Xeon...
congatec announces the conga-SMX8, the company's first SMARC 2.0 Computer-on-Module based on the 64-bit NXP i.MX8 multi-core ARM processor family...
The new SMARC 2.0 platform is ideal for established markets - such as industrial and medical HMIs, kiosk, vending and infotainment systems - as well as new markets, including situational awareness, machine learning or voice controlled and video enabled residential gateway devices. For mobile and transportation applications, the new SMARC modules offer extended temperature support from -40°C to 85°C and an extended longevity of up to 15 years. Smart vision-based applications benefit from the hardware-accelerated MIPI CSI-2 camera interface.
"In addition to classic industrial controls and HMI systems that benefit from the increased 2 GHz performance, less TDP, and lower costs compared to the 1.5 GHz NXP i.MX 8M variants, the new module is also perfect for our SMARC MIPI CSI-2 starter kits, on the basis of which we can offer suitable vision camera logic in cooperation with Basler. This enables highly integrated embedded vision platforms from a single source that support the development of cost-efficient vision devices for sparse modeling based AI in the industrial and medical technology sectors, in retail checkout systems or for smart home or facility access control systems", explains Martin Danzer, Director Product Management at congatec.
The new SMARC modules with NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor are application-ready sub systems that come with a comprehensive ecosystem including ready-to-go boot loader implementation, pre-qualified Linux, Yocto and Android BSPs and fully featured evaluation carrier boards. congatec's personal integration support and broad range of individually selectable technical services significantly simplify the integration of this new NXP processor for customers.
Engineers have the opportunity to test the new NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor based SMARC module on evaluation carrier boards at one of the upcoming worldwide NXP Technology Days. Offering hands-on workshops and technical lectures for multiple markets, these one-day events enable attendees to customize a schedule that is most relevant to their training needs.
- 1Take Control of Your Project with COM-CFHB6
- 2Rugged Display Technologies Enhance Reliability
- 3STM32Trust Ecosystem Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designers
- 4HOLTEK New BC45F7930/7940 Sub-1GHz Low-IF OOK RF Receiver 12V High Current MCU
- 5u-blox Enable AddMobile’s Connected Construction Site
- 6600V Three-Phase Gate Driver with Smart Shutdown from STMicroelectronics
- 7New congatec SMARC Module with NXP i.MX 8M Mini Processor
- 8Renesas RX72M Industrial Network Solution with Major Sample Communication Protocols
- 9New Discovery Kits and Firmware from STMicroelectronics Kickstart STM32G4