TAICHUNG, Taiwan - Winbond Electronics Corporation today announced an expansion of its TrustME Secure Flash products por...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) announced yesterday that semiconductor manufacturer ...
Currently, there is a global NOR chip supply shortage, which is preventing numerous product shipments and has even affected the printed circuit board (PCB) industry.
Winbond pointed out that they currently have a monthly production capacity of 43,000 to 44,000 chips, which is expected to increase to 48,000 by the end of the year. Winbond hopes to further increase their production capacity to 52,000 to 53,000 per month next year.
Winbond Chairman and CEO Arthur Yu-Cheng Chiao commented that their new production capacity is expected to increase in June with each wafer having the capacity to produce 20,000 IC.
Arthur Yu-Cheng Chiao also stated that Winbond's flagship NOR Flash business accounted for 35% of the global market; furthermore, their niche DRAM business accounted for 1.3% of the global market.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1TSMC to Hold Supply Chain Forum This Week to Announce 7nm Manufacturing Process Schedule
- 2ITRI Receives Eight 2017 R&D 100 Awards
- 3Demand for Servers in Data Centers Will be a Major Driving Force of Global Server Shipment in 2018
- 4GUC Announces Nanjing Office Opening
- 5ASE to Enlarge High-End Packaging Plant in Kaohsiung