TAICHUNG, Taiwan - Winbond Electronics Corporation today announced a dramatic expansion of its flash product portfolio w...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwanese memory manufacturer Winbond yesterday at a corporate briefing session announced that Windbond...
Currently, there is a global NOR chip supply shortage, which is preventing numerous product shipments and has even affected the printed circuit board (PCB) industry.
Winbond pointed out that they currently have a monthly production capacity of 43,000 to 44,000 chips, which is expected to increase to 48,000 by the end of the year. Winbond hopes to further increase their production capacity to 52,000 to 53,000 per month next year.
Winbond Chairman and CEO Arthur Yu-Cheng Chiao commented that their new production capacity is expected to increase in June with each wafer having the capacity to produce 20,000 IC.
Arthur Yu-Cheng Chiao also stated that Winbond's flagship NOR Flash business accounted for 35% of the global market; furthermore, their niche DRAM business accounted for 1.3% of the global market.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Flexible AMOLED Display Manufacturing Capacity to Grow 91% CAGR Between 2016 and 2020
- 2China's LCD Panel Manufacturers to Increase 10.5-Gen Production
- 3Foxconn to Deploy 8K LCD Plant in Wisconsin, USA
- 4Broadcom Again Topped TrendForce’s Latest Revenue Ranking of Top 10 IC Design Houses
- 5Macronix Launches AEC-Q100 Full Compliant NAND Flash Memory