Published: Aug 10,2020
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Acer announced its consolidated revenues for July at NT$23.24 billion, up 26.9% year-on-year (YoY). For year-to-July, consolidated revenues were NT$137.70 billion, growing by 7.5% YoY. Work-from-home and online learning needs remain strong, and market demand is higher than supply...
According to the IDC Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, 87.8 million smartphones were shipped in China during the second quarter of 2020, down 10.3% year-on-year. Evidently, consumer sentiment was a challenge but this was still a narrower figure compared to the first quarter's 20...
Intel has fallen behind in its ability to make commercially ready, leading-edge chips in sufficient volumes, opening the door to its main rivals, AMD and Nvidia, says GlobalData. Intel’s recent bombshell that it has stumbled - yet again - in the production of its 7-nanometer (nm) parts was a shock to the industry nonetheless...
HSINCHU, Taiwan –MediaTek today announced advances in its collaboration with Intel to bring 5G experiences to next-generation PCs with the successful development and certification of its 5G modem data card. MediaTek’s T700 5G modem, which will be used to bring 5G connectivity to Intel-powered PCs, completed 5G standalone (SA) calls in real world test scenarios...
u-blox announced that, going forward, DOT Telematik und Systemtechnik GmbH’s ultra-robust, solar-powered X-Rayl Solar Pointer logistics tracker will feature the u-blox LARA-R211 LTE Cat 1 modem with GSM fallback and positioning capability...
Singapore’s autonomous mobile robot company SESTO Robotics has launched SESTO Magnus - a bi-directional, compact autonomous mobile robot able to carry loads up to 300kg. Having the highest payload rating in the compact class, SESTO Magnus is designed to automate material handling processes in manufacturing, commercial and healthcare industries...
- 1Wistron to Sell Wistron InfoComm Manufacturing and Wistron Investmen to Luxshare Group
- 2Arrow, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics Join Forces to Deliver IoT Modules for Smart Appli
- 3AUO and Samsung Jointly Enter the Premium Home Electronics Market with 8K Bezel-less TV Displays
- 4Chip Manufacturing Equipment Spending to Hit Record High $70 Billion in 2021 After Strong 2020
- 5Analog’s $20bn Maxim Deal Another Example of Semiconductor Sector Shakeout, says GlobalData
- 6China Steps up Pace of Mini/Micro LED Commercialization, Total Project Investment Reaches ¥39.1B
- 7Delta Launches New Digital Exhibition of Energy-Efficient Solutions
- 8CyberLink, Municipal Parking Services to Bring FaceMe Facial Recognition to Sentry Health Kiosks
- 9M31 Completes the Comprehensive Physical IP Platform on TSMC 22nm Process
- 10Toyoda Gosei to Partner With Ossia Inc., a Wireless Power Supplier