Trusted Computing Group (TCG), in partnership with OpenSystems Media (OSM), will demonstrate and discuss secure embedded and IoT devices and data at Embedded World 2018...
TAICHUNG, Taiwan - Winbond Electronics Corporation today announced an expansion of its TrustME Secure Flash products por...
Winbond President Tung-Yi, Chan stated that last year niche DRAM accounted for roughly 40% of their annual revenue; however, yearly revenue fell by approximately 8%. Mobile memory, on the other hand, grew by 5% and accounted for approximately 5% of Winbond's total revenue. Meanwhile, demand for NAND Flash grew significantly with yearly revenue increasing by 46% in 2017, and it accounted for 47% of the company's overall revenue.
Tung-Yi, Chan also pointed out that the situations in the DRAM and Flash markets currently continue to experience stability and they anticipate that in 2018 the market conditions for these two major memory products will remain healthy. As a result, demand remains high for Winbond's niche DRAM, NOR Flash, and SLC NAND.
In addition, Winbond also commented that in order to alleviate the current production capacity shortage problem, they will increase their capital expenditure to 18.5 billion yuan. This will increase the overall production capacity from an overall monthly capacity of 46,000 chips to an estimated 52,000 chips.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 3LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce