SamsungElectronics today announced that it has successfully shipped one million of the industry's first 10nm-class (D1x)...
Samsung Electronics today announced the industry’s first all-in-one power management integrated circuits (PMIC), MUA01 and MUB01...
“Our horticulture LED solutions are based on LED technologies that deliver proven levels of performance and reliability across an extensive range of lighting applications,” said Yoonjoon Choi, vice president of LED Business Team at Samsung Electronics. “By broadening our lineup to include horticulture LEDs, we are providing global luminaire manufacturers with a one-stop resource for these solutions as well as for our many other LED technologies.”
Samsung’s new horticultural LED – the LH351B Red – is a high-power package providing a wavelength of 660 nanometers (nm) with a photosynthetic photon flux (PPF)* value of 2.15 micromoles per second (μmol/s) (350mA), making it optimal for most types of horticulture lighting. The 660-nm wavelength helps to accelerate the growing of plants including their photosynthesis, as well as enrich the blooming of flowers. The package also features a very low thermal resistance of 2.0 kelvins per watt (K/W), allowing for easier heat dissipation within LED luminaires. Moreover, the LH351B Red uses the same electrode pad design as its LH351 series counterparts, enabling greater PCB design flexibility in luminaire manufacturing.
Beyond its new LH351B Red offering, Samsung has added horticulture specifications to its mid-power packages – LM301B; LM561C, and two linear modules – Q-series and H inFlux. These LED component families now include PPF values of 0.52μmol/s (65mA), 0.49μmol/s (65mA), 24μmol/s (0.45A, 21.9V) and 114μmol/s (1.38A, 46.9V), respectively.
In addition, the white LED packages and modules feature extremely high light efficacy of 2.92 micromoles per joule (μmol/J) (65mA), 2.72μmol/J (65mA), 2.43μmol/J (0.45A, 21.9V) and 1.76μmol/J (1.38A, 46.9V), respectively, while the LH351B Red delivers 3.13μmol/J (350mA). These high efficacy levels minimize the impact of lighting on ambient temperatures, allowing growers to better control temperatures in almost any greenhouse environment and save on energy costs.
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 4Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 5Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 6BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 7UP Board Deployed: Pandemic Prevention with Telepresence Robots
- 8ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 9STMicroelectronics Launches Smart Gateway Platform for Automotive Gateway and Domain Controller
- 10Toshiba’s 80V N-channel Power MOSFETs Fabricated with Latest Generation Process