In the fourth quarter of 2016, shipment volume of the Taiwanese server system shipped at the full system/barebones levels totaled about 1...
With 41.8 million units sold and an annual growth rate of 67% in 2016, smartwatch is expected to sustain an annual growth rate of 50% and achieve a sales volume of 62...
In the first quarter of 2014, orders placed by Chinese brands and white-box vendors grew in size, particularly white-box servers. Taiwanese server shipment volume is expected to have scored about 2.08 million units in the first quarter of 2014, up merely 1.5% year-on-year.
Sales of three traditional branded vendors, HP, Dell, and IBM all declined in the first quarter of 2014, with the consolidated market share decreasing to 52.7% in 2013, down from 67.4% in 2012. Results reflected that their market influence is slipping and Taiwanese ODM makers, who have long reliance on branded orders, are affected the most.
In recent years, Taiwanese makers have been sought to land more Chinese branded and white-box orders to compensate what they have lost in branded orders. MIC observed that the share of non-ODM orders is increasing quarter after quarter, reaching nearly 30% in the first quarter of 2014; while white-box orders constituted the majority share of non-ODM orders, the remaining orders were shipped as own-brand servers by a handful of ODMs.
In contrast to HP, Dell and IBM, shipments for Chinese brands and white-box brands are more project-centric. Therefore, the demand for servers is less stable and the forms of shipments are based on customer and project needs.
In the first quarter of 2014, shipment share of full-system servers increased slightly and cabinet servers which have higher ASP? also saw growth in shipments. This has helped lifted the industry's shipment value and ASP. In the first quarter of 2014, the industry's shipment value is forecast to have grown 49.4% year-on-year to US$236.2 billion.
- 1The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 2Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 3Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 4Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 5Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to See 5.5% Growth in 2016
- 6The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 7Should TSMC Worry About Intel Cooperating with ARM?
- 8PMOLED Is Showing Its Power of Diversity
- 9Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017
- 10Taiwan OLED Display Panel Suppliers Overview