Apple's facial recognition patents, consisting of face detection (including image pre-processing) and recognition (including feature extraction)...
The progress in innovation and technology is redefining the retail industry which has undergone continuous transformation...
After squeezing out Sony and HTC in the global market, Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi and other Chinese brands are now competing head-to-head with regional vendors in the midrange and value line segments.
"There is a substantial difference between the key components adopted by products in different market segments," says Sagitta Pan, senior industry analyst with MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute).
"As far as the value line segment is concerned, the costs of key computing chips (application processors and baseband processors) total around US$12, or 15% of the overall hardware costs. Common solutions include MediaTek's MT675x, Spreadtrum's SC682x, and Huawei's Kirin 940 series. Based on value line smartphone shipments, shipment value of key computing chips is estimated to top US$5.0 billion in 2015 and will grow over US$10 billion by 2019."
Affected by the distinctive development trends of high-end and value line products, the adoption of ICs also has gone on different paths: system integrators such as Apple, Samsung, and Huawei have sought vertical integration to produce in-house designed chips; local branded vendors have shifted from Qualcomm's solutions to MediaTek's or Spreadtrum's, thereby intensifying competition of value line products.
- 1Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 2Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 3Taiwanese Industrial Tech Has the Characteristics of Being Small and Powerful
- 4Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 5Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017
- 6Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 7Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 8The Next Step In Wireless Charging
- 9Taiwanese Manufacturers Shipped about 1 Million Servers on the Full System in the Q4 2016
- 10Low Carbon Emission Precious Metals Recycling Solution: Hydrometallurgy Metal Stripping Technology