MIC conducted a research study on 902 AI startups worldwide that are closely followed by investors on AngelList. Based on the scope of technologies and fields of applications...
The research institute MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute) used the IPC code to describe field and found th...
After squeezing out Sony and HTC in the global market, Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi and other Chinese brands are now competing head-to-head with regional vendors in the midrange and value line segments.
"There is a substantial difference between the key components adopted by products in different market segments," says Sagitta Pan, senior industry analyst with MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute).
"As far as the value line segment is concerned, the costs of key computing chips (application processors and baseband processors) total around US$12, or 15% of the overall hardware costs. Common solutions include MediaTek's MT675x, Spreadtrum's SC682x, and Huawei's Kirin 940 series. Based on value line smartphone shipments, shipment value of key computing chips is estimated to top US$5.0 billion in 2015 and will grow over US$10 billion by 2019."
Affected by the distinctive development trends of high-end and value line products, the adoption of ICs also has gone on different paths: system integrators such as Apple, Samsung, and Huawei have sought vertical integration to produce in-house designed chips; local branded vendors have shifted from Qualcomm's solutions to MediaTek's or Spreadtrum's, thereby intensifying competition of value line products.
- 1Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 2Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 3Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 4The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 5Should TSMC Worry About Intel Cooperating with ARM?
- 6Taiwan OLED Display Panel Suppliers Overview
- 7PMOLED Is Showing Its Power of Diversity
- 8Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017
- 9Sharp May Turn Into Something Good and Exciting
- 10Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017