The market size for the global digital games market is approximately USD 99.4 billion in 2016, and is expected to exceed USD 100 billion in 2017...
MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute), a Taipei-based research institute, said that Virtual Reality sicknes...
"Chinese vendors have heavily invested in the VR market. Compared to other VR products, VR headsets are more likely to be used in everyday life. Apart from headsets, Chinese vendors have been engaged in the development of VR applications, platforms, and content," says Cliff Wang, industry analyst with MIC.
MIC said that there are three major types of VR headsets: smartphone-based models that must be used with a smartphone, PC-based models powered by a PC or game console, and all-in-one models featuring an embedded PC system or game console as those developed by Chinese vendors recently.
“Smartphone-based VR headsets have higher mobility and the larger smartphone user base and thus the number of smartphone-based VR headset brands has exceeded that of PC-based and all-in-one ones.” says Cliff Wang.
- 1Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017
- 2Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 3Computer Technology and Control are the Most Important Smart Home Appliance Patent Fields
- 4IMP Remains Mainstream Resolution for Consumer IP Cameras
- 5Seasonal Rush for Gaming PCs to Bolster Global Motherboard and Desktop PC Shipments in 2H
- 6Taiwanese Manufacturers Shipped about 1 Million Servers on the Full System in the Q4 2016
- 7Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 8Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 9Chinese Smartphone-based VR Headsets Enjoy Fastest Growth
- 10Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017