In the fourth quarter of 2016, shipment volume of the Taiwanese server system shipped at the full system/barebones levels totaled about 1...
With 41.8 million units sold and an annual growth rate of 67% in 2016, smartwatch is expected to sustain an annual growth rate of 50% and achieve a sales volume of 62...
"Chinese vendors have heavily invested in the VR market. Compared to other VR products, VR headsets are more likely to be used in everyday life. Apart from headsets, Chinese vendors have been engaged in the development of VR applications, platforms, and content," says Cliff Wang, industry analyst with MIC.
MIC said that there are three major types of VR headsets: smartphone-based models that must be used with a smartphone, PC-based models powered by a PC or game console, and all-in-one models featuring an embedded PC system or game console as those developed by Chinese vendors recently.
“Smartphone-based VR headsets have higher mobility and the larger smartphone user base and thus the number of smartphone-based VR headset brands has exceeded that of PC-based and all-in-one ones.” says Cliff Wang.
- 1Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017
- 2Computer Technology and Control are the Most Important Smart Home Appliance Patent Fields
- 3IMP Remains Mainstream Resolution for Consumer IP Cameras
- 4Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 5Seasonal Rush for Gaming PCs to Bolster Global Motherboard and Desktop PC Shipments in 2H
- 6Taiwanese Manufacturers Shipped about 1 Million Servers on the Full System in the Q4 2016
- 7Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 8Chinese Smartphone-based VR Headsets Enjoy Fastest Growth
- 9Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016