DRAMeXchange, a division of TrendForce, reports a growing demand for NAND Flash under the influence of traditional peak ...
HSINCHU, Taiwan – The Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Taiwan’s largest high-tech applied research institutions...
Google’s new Pixel smartphone has ten build-in sensors, making it the current mobile phone with the greatest amount of sensors. Furthermore, although it is no longer on sale, the Samsung Note 7 also featured the same amount of sensors, and both the iPhone 7 and the HTC 10 have seven sensors.
These sensors include proximity sensors, gyrometers, accelerometers, magnetometers, fingerprint sensors, barometers, hall effect sensors, advanced x-axis haptics, light sensors, heartbeat sensors, iris identification, digital compasses, force sensors and gesture sensors.
Even though it could be said that consumers have absolutely no idea what the majority of the sensors are used for, these sensors have already enabled mobile phone functions to evolve to an unprecedented state. One could even say that they are becoming closer and closer the perceptual abilities of actual people.
Statistics indicate that every two years, the amount of sensors on smart phones will grow by 80%; therefore, four years in the future mobile phones will be more than twice as smart as the smartphones of today. Consequently, all of us can anticipate the level of intelligence that smartphones will have attained in a few years.
It is possible that they will begin to actively remind you of things in your everyday life, for example it will tell you to be careful of cars when crossing the road, to bring an umbrella when you go out the door, and even tell you if you drop your wallet.
Now that’s smart!
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
- 1Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 2Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 3Taiwanese Industrial Tech Has the Characteristics of Being Small and Powerful
- 4Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 5Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017
- 6Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 7Global Gaming PC Market to Remain Growth Engine for the PC Market in 2017
- 8The Next Step In Wireless Charging
- 9Taiwanese Manufacturers Shipped about 1 Million Servers on the Full System in the Q4 2016
- 10Low Carbon Emission Precious Metals Recycling Solution: Hydrometallurgy Metal Stripping Technology