TAIPEI, Taiwan - The Ministry of Science and Technology organized the opening ceremony of the "Rebuild After PhDs' Indus...
Hyundai Mobis has joined hands with an IT company to develop an autonomous driving platform. On March 20th, Hyundai Mo...
Google’s new Pixel smartphone has ten build-in sensors, making it the current mobile phone with the greatest amount of sensors. Furthermore, although it is no longer on sale, the Samsung Note 7 also featured the same amount of sensors, and both the iPhone 7 and the HTC 10 have seven sensors.
These sensors include proximity sensors, gyrometers, accelerometers, magnetometers, fingerprint sensors, barometers, hall effect sensors, advanced x-axis haptics, light sensors, heartbeat sensors, iris identification, digital compasses, force sensors and gesture sensors.
Even though it could be said that consumers have absolutely no idea what the majority of the sensors are used for, these sensors have already enabled mobile phone functions to evolve to an unprecedented state. One could even say that they are becoming closer and closer the perceptual abilities of actual people.
Statistics indicate that every two years, the amount of sensors on smart phones will grow by 80%; therefore, four years in the future mobile phones will be more than twice as smart as the smartphones of today. Consequently, all of us can anticipate the level of intelligence that smartphones will have attained in a few years.
It is possible that they will begin to actively remind you of things in your everyday life, for example it will tell you to be careful of cars when crossing the road, to bring an umbrella when you go out the door, and even tell you if you drop your wallet.
Now that’s smart!
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
- 1Traditional Taiwanese Scooter Industry Facing Transformation Crisis
- 2The Key Technology to Micro LED: Mass Transfer
- 3New Recycling Concepts to Construct a Completely New Circular Economy Ecosystem
- 4DSP and Language Libraries are the Keys to Smart Voice
- 5Reject Conflict Materials – You Can Make a Better Choice: Recycling
- 6XINYE Gold Establishes World’s First Eco-Friendly Gold-Stripping Mass Production Facilities
- 7Foldable Smartphones to Be Launched in 2019 with Penetration Rate of 0.1%
- 8Overcoming High-Precision Challenges in Manufacturing with Solid Quality as the Foundation
- 9The Best Way to Combat Soaring Palladium Prices: Green Palladium Recycling Technology
- 10What is the Constant Power Design of LED Driver?