TAIPEI, Taiwan - Institute for Information Industry (III) Smart Network System Institute and China Steel Corporation are...
TAIPEI, Taiwan – LETI, a French research-and-technology organization with activities in energy, IT, healthcare, defence and security...
Smart Tourism Taiwan was established on November 18, and its members include Taiwan's traditional travel and hotel associations along with newly emerging tourism services and technological teams led by III.
III hopes that through technological application solutions and the collection of big data on tourism, they can gain an understanding of tourist behavior. Furthermore, the establishment of an Open API environment in the future will enable the government to gain a better understanding of the industry's requirements and enable new and creative service providers to carry out actual tests.
In terms of the technologies used, currently III is utilizing AR technology and promoting “VZ TAIWAN Smart Tourism” services in Taiwan. Tourists will be able to use AR guidance on the street and collect virtual travel currency which can be exchanged for discount merchandise at 7-11, Family Mart, KFC, and Pizza Hut in Taiwan.
Alliance convener Zhang Wen-cun stated, “The Alliance hopes to gather the power of scholars and research from all walks of life to assist Taiwan's tourism entrepreneurs in keeping up with international trends.”
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 3TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce