TAIPEI, Taiwan - Institute for Information Industry (III) Smart Network System Institute and China Steel Corporation are...
TAIPEI, Taiwan – LETI, a French research-and-technology organization with activities in energy, IT, healthcare, defence and security...
Smart Tourism Taiwan was established on November 18, and its members include Taiwan's traditional travel and hotel associations along with newly emerging tourism services and technological teams led by III.
III hopes that through technological application solutions and the collection of big data on tourism, they can gain an understanding of tourist behavior. Furthermore, the establishment of an Open API environment in the future will enable the government to gain a better understanding of the industry's requirements and enable new and creative service providers to carry out actual tests.
In terms of the technologies used, currently III is utilizing AR technology and promoting “VZ TAIWAN Smart Tourism” services in Taiwan. Tourists will be able to use AR guidance on the street and collect virtual travel currency which can be exchanged for discount merchandise at 7-11, Family Mart, KFC, and Pizza Hut in Taiwan.
Alliance convener Zhang Wen-cun stated, “The Alliance hopes to gather the power of scholars and research from all walks of life to assist Taiwan's tourism entrepreneurs in keeping up with international trends.”
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1SoftBank, Sprint, Far EasTone and TBCASoft Launch Blockchain Consortium for Telecom Carriers
- 2We Can Financial Technology Showcases Its IoT Based Smart POS Solution at WCIT 2017
- 3Sharp Releases the World's First 8K-Compatible TVs in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Europe
- 4EPD Market Expected to Grow At a Staggering CAGR of Almost 39%
- 5Winbond to Establish Factory in Kaohsiung to Manufacture Niche Type DRAM and Flash Memory