E Ink Holdings today announced the debut of its 42” display, the largest commercially available active matrix ePaper module...
E Ink Holdings today announced E Ink has agreed to enter a long-term strategic alliance with Japan Display for electronic paper (ePaper) business...
In this latest development, a sensor has been integrated into E Ink’s ePaper technology that enables it to display colors and patterns that react to consumer shopping behaviors. Interactions such as picking up a product, standing nearby a product display, or waving a membership card over an item, results in a display of colors and patterns reflective of the action taken.
By altering its appearance in real-time, the product display becomes more stimulating and eye-catching, resulting in increased appeal and stronger brand affinity with increasingly selective consumers.
“E Ink’s partnership with DNP continues to strengthen and grow as we enhance our offerings and enter into new industries and emerging markets,” said Paul Apen, Chief Strategy Officer at E Ink. “We are proud that DNP has chosen to utilize E Ink’s Prism technology in its efforts to redefine consumer interaction at the point-of-purchase and the retail technology market.”
“We value our ongoing partnership with E Ink that enables us to design a variety of sales and promotional Prism-based products that create new experiences for the retail environment. Prism is lightweight, energy-efficient and durable thereby giving us many new design features,” said Mr. Hiroaki Kabamoto, General Manager, Head of EP-Project, Global Strategic Business Promotion Department at DNP.
“We’re looking forward to marketing the new POP advertising tool in the retail, financial and transportation industries, and to continue to innovate with E Ink in the future.”
As expected in all of E Ink’s ePaper technologies, the new POP advertising tool is highly visible especially when viewed against reflected light, making it ideal for expressing soft color tones and color gradations.
Additional features and capabilities include:
• Three new colors – light blue, yellow and brown—have been added to E Ink Prism’s color palette, which now totals seven color expressions including previously demonstrated red, green, dark blue and black.
• The interactive ePaper material maintains a low profile of 0.5mm and is both lightweight and bendable, making it the ideal material for use in a variety of retail and special applications.
• With the ability to operate on the back of power cells, the Prism materials can also be installed in a wider range of locations and require no electrical power to retain its appearance.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Optical Sensors Used in Iris/Facial Recognition to Grow 24% Annually During 2017~2025
- 2Prices of Mobile DRAM, AMOLED Panels Continue to Climb
- 3Tight NAND Flash Supply to Cause Prices of Mainstream SSDs to Jump by More Than 10% in Q1
- 4India to Overtake Japan as the Third Largest Solar Market
- 5u-blox, Pietro Fiorentini and Terranova Demonstrate Narrowband IoT Functionality in the Field