E Ink and QuirkLogic today announced the expansion of their existing partnership into new markets and geographies. The t...
E Ink today announced that E Ink Prism, the groundbreaking product designed to transform the way spaces and surroundings are experienced...
In this latest development, a sensor has been integrated into E Ink’s ePaper technology that enables it to display colors and patterns that react to consumer shopping behaviors. Interactions such as picking up a product, standing nearby a product display, or waving a membership card over an item, results in a display of colors and patterns reflective of the action taken.
By altering its appearance in real-time, the product display becomes more stimulating and eye-catching, resulting in increased appeal and stronger brand affinity with increasingly selective consumers.
“E Ink’s partnership with DNP continues to strengthen and grow as we enhance our offerings and enter into new industries and emerging markets,” said Paul Apen, Chief Strategy Officer at E Ink. “We are proud that DNP has chosen to utilize E Ink’s Prism technology in its efforts to redefine consumer interaction at the point-of-purchase and the retail technology market.”
“We value our ongoing partnership with E Ink that enables us to design a variety of sales and promotional Prism-based products that create new experiences for the retail environment. Prism is lightweight, energy-efficient and durable thereby giving us many new design features,” said Mr. Hiroaki Kabamoto, General Manager, Head of EP-Project, Global Strategic Business Promotion Department at DNP.
“We’re looking forward to marketing the new POP advertising tool in the retail, financial and transportation industries, and to continue to innovate with E Ink in the future.”
As expected in all of E Ink’s ePaper technologies, the new POP advertising tool is highly visible especially when viewed against reflected light, making it ideal for expressing soft color tones and color gradations.
Additional features and capabilities include:
• Three new colors – light blue, yellow and brown—have been added to E Ink Prism’s color palette, which now totals seven color expressions including previously demonstrated red, green, dark blue and black.
• The interactive ePaper material maintains a low profile of 0.5mm and is both lightweight and bendable, making it the ideal material for use in a variety of retail and special applications.
• With the ability to operate on the back of power cells, the Prism materials can also be installed in a wider range of locations and require no electrical power to retain its appearance.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Flexible AMOLED Display Manufacturing Capacity to Grow 91% CAGR Between 2016 and 2020
- 2PC DRAM Contract Price Rose by Over 10% Sequentially in Q2, TrendForce Says
- 3China's LCD Panel Manufacturers to Increase 10.5-Gen Production
- 4Broadcom Again Topped TrendForce’s Latest Revenue Ranking of Top 10 IC Design Houses
- 5Foxconn to Deploy 8K LCD Plant in Wisconsin, USA