HSINCHU, Taiwan – In the post-pandemic era, hospitals and clinics are at the frontline of epidemic prevention and control...
HSINCHU, Taiwan – AU Optronics Corp. (AUO) has leveraged its group’s profound software and hardware integration capacity in the financial sector...
OTFT backplanes have the advantage of being light and bendable, and they have higher impact resistance, which makes them suitable to be developed and introduced into a wide variety of soft display products. In addition to soft and wearable applications, they are also suitable for use in the development of handwritten e-paper notebooks and logistics electronic paper labels.
E Ink Chief Technology Officer CC Tsai stated that “e-paper film has characteristically soft material, and when combined with the impact resistance of OTFT backplanes, it can improve the durability of flexible electronic paper. It is also conducive to the development of different terminal soft products for foldable, rollable, and wearable product applications.
AU Chief Technology Officer of Technology Group Dr. Wei-Lung Liau explained that “AU’s independently-developed OTFT backplane technology employs existing 3.5 generation LCD plant equipment, and the soft backplane is manufactured using an organic material coating and a low-temperature process. Furthermore, it is energy efficient and cost-effective.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1u-blox Announces First Timing Solutions Based on L1 and L5 GNSS Signals
- 2Wiwynn Boosts Two-phase Immersion Cooling Development by Investing in LiquidStack
- 3Intel Steps up Hiring in Taiwan to Secure Semiconductor Chips supply Chain for PC Partners
- 4Avalue Brings AIoT to Taipei City with Innodisk Partnership
- 5AUO Partners with ADLINK to Introduce All-in-One Medical Panel Computers to NTU Hospital