Rear-view and side-view mirrors on new vehicles will begin to see major changes over the next decade, according to new analysis from business information provider IHS Markit...
Despite a slightly down first quarter, the semiconductor industry achieved near record growth in the second quarter of 2017, posting a 6...
Three main factors affect the adoption of domestic service robots:
1) Better performance of the core task compared to first-generation robotic appliances
2) Leading-edge technology for navigation, such as 3D mapping, obstacle detection, collision avoidance and low power connectivity
3) Other marketplace dynamics, including product pricing, retail environment, promotions approaches adopted by suppliers and overall consumer interest in robotic technology
Navigation and obstacle-avoidance technologies in domestic service robots have matured over the decades. The latest development in visual mapping and navigation technology includes use of a laser or a camera along with state-of-the-art electronic components that enable domestic service robots to move around smoothly into tighter spaces.
“A flagship robotic vacuum cleaner can have up to thirteen types of sensors to aid in the efficient maneuvering of the device inside a room,” says Noman Akhtar, home appliances analyst for IHS Markit. “These cutting-edge technologies allow the robotic vacuum cleaner to map the room, which determines the cleaning time as well as the exact location to resume after a battery recharge.”
A more advanced technology similar to navigation is being adopted amongst medical-and-care types of professional service robots.
“These professional service robots use collision avoidance technology,” adds Dinesh Kithany, senior principal analyst for home appliances at IHS Markit. “This allows medical-and-care and personal assistant robots to freely and effortlessly roam around an area without colliding with objects, human beings or pets.”
Connectivity technology is considered to be an additional perk in domestic service robots. Connectivity technology allows a user to remotely operate, monitor and track the status of these robotic appliances, and use them as a security substitute. Wi-Fi and Wireless local area network (WLAN) are expected to remain the most popular connectivity technologies for domestic service robots through 2022.
“Low-power single-chip Wi-Fi is expected to become the main connectivity technology for the connected domestic service robot market,” continues Akhtar.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1SoftBank, Sprint, Far EasTone and TBCASoft Launch Blockchain Consortium for Telecom Carriers
- 2We Can Financial Technology Showcases Its IoT Based Smart POS Solution at WCIT 2017
- 3Sharp Releases the World's First 8K-Compatible TVs in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Europe
- 4EPD Market Expected to Grow At a Staggering CAGR of Almost 39%
- 5Winbond to Establish Factory in Kaohsiung to Manufacture Niche Type DRAM and Flash Memory