According to the latest findings from TV Sets Intelligence Service by IHS Markit, global TV shipments declined 5 percent year-over-year to 54...
With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand...
Three main factors affect the adoption of domestic service robots:
1) Better performance of the core task compared to first-generation robotic appliances
2) Leading-edge technology for navigation, such as 3D mapping, obstacle detection, collision avoidance and low power connectivity
3) Other marketplace dynamics, including product pricing, retail environment, promotions approaches adopted by suppliers and overall consumer interest in robotic technology
Navigation and obstacle-avoidance technologies in domestic service robots have matured over the decades. The latest development in visual mapping and navigation technology includes use of a laser or a camera along with state-of-the-art electronic components that enable domestic service robots to move around smoothly into tighter spaces.
“A flagship robotic vacuum cleaner can have up to thirteen types of sensors to aid in the efficient maneuvering of the device inside a room,” says Noman Akhtar, home appliances analyst for IHS Markit. “These cutting-edge technologies allow the robotic vacuum cleaner to map the room, which determines the cleaning time as well as the exact location to resume after a battery recharge.”
A more advanced technology similar to navigation is being adopted amongst medical-and-care types of professional service robots.
“These professional service robots use collision avoidance technology,” adds Dinesh Kithany, senior principal analyst for home appliances at IHS Markit. “This allows medical-and-care and personal assistant robots to freely and effortlessly roam around an area without colliding with objects, human beings or pets.”
Connectivity technology is considered to be an additional perk in domestic service robots. Connectivity technology allows a user to remotely operate, monitor and track the status of these robotic appliances, and use them as a security substitute. Wi-Fi and Wireless local area network (WLAN) are expected to remain the most popular connectivity technologies for domestic service robots through 2022.
“Low-power single-chip Wi-Fi is expected to become the main connectivity technology for the connected domestic service robot market,” continues Akhtar.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1TSMC, Intel, ARM, and UMC Debut at Telematics Taiwan
- 2China's GigaDevice Is Expanding NOR Flash Chip Production Capacity
- 3Intel and Micron Increase 3D XPoint Manufacturing Capacity with IM Flash Fab Expansion
- 4HERE and Mitsubishi Electric Team up to Offer Advanced Location Services for Autonomous Cars
- 5Shipments of Oxide TFT LCD Mobile PC Panels to Grow 200%