Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTM8063, a 40VIN, 2A µModule step-down regulator in a tiny 6...
Analog Devices, Inc., announces the LTM8065, a µModule (power module) step-down regulator with up to 40V input voltage (42V abs max)...
David Bicknell, Principal Analyst, Thematic Research at GlobalData, commented: “From a high point in 2018, when the semiconductor industry enjoyed an extraordinary year - partly fuelled by an unexpected boom in crypto mining - the industry’s momentum has been slowed by the US-China trade war, overcapacity in the memory chip sector, and, most recently, COVID-19. A dramatic worsening in US-China relations has further dented the industry’s confidence.”
The Semiconductor Industry Association is expecting a 3.3% annual growth, but that is dependent on the strength of key markets such as smartphones and laptops.
Bicknell continues: “The industry’s continued consolidation includes the analog chip market, which saw Analog Devices acquire Maxim. Texas Instruments (TI) remains the analog kingpin, with nearly 20% market share - twice that of Analog before the Maxim acquisition. That gap is why regulators should be mindful to let this deal through.
“A combined Analog-Maxim entity - once the deal is completed by mid-2021 - has a shot at becoming a necessary counterbalance to TI by 2025, when a 5G-enabled Internet of Things (IoT) of sensor-driven smart devices promises to reshape the industry by moving processing activity to devices through edge computing.”
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Wistron to Sell Wistron InfoComm Manufacturing and Wistron Investmen to Luxshare Group
- 2Apple to Start Mass Producing Self-Designed Mac SoC, Projected to Cost under US$100, in 1H21
- 3Arrow, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics Join Forces to Deliver IoT Modules for Smart Appli
- 4Analog’s $20bn Maxim Deal Another Example of Semiconductor Sector Shakeout, says GlobalData
- 5China Steps up Pace of Mini/Micro LED Commercialization, Total Project Investment Reaches ¥39.1B