( Taipei , Taiwan ) Palit Group, an Taiwan based company ,announced its entry into the smartphone market on Monday, and introduced the first low-cost 6...
Media Tek will embark on wireless charging market and unveil the related solution by end of next year, said Hsieh Ching-jiang...
In order to meet this demand , MediaTek releases the first true, authentic octa-core SoC in a mobiles device, while leveraging its benefits and optimizing the system approach to the absolute maximum.
Unlike existing octa-core solutions in the market, which can only activate half of their CPU cores at once (Figure 1), MediaTek True Octa-Core allows for all eight of its cores to run simultaneously, offering the ultimate combination of performance and power-efficiency.(Figure 2)
Enhanced multi-tasking capabilities
By allowing tasks to run concurrently with the use of multiple different cores, MediaTek True Octa-Core intelligently allocates processing power to where it is needed, both on a per-application and per-task basis. With MediaTek True Octa-Core, users can enjoy heavy web downloading, hardcore gaming, high-quality premium video viewing or other types of rigorous multitasking without experiencing lag times or excessive battery consumption.
Improved current-application experiences
There are four key advantages of this solution：
1) Advanced web browsing: With the unique ability to allocate individual browser tabs to CPU cores, MediaTek True Octa-Core allows for a faster, more stable web browsing experiences.
2) Smoother user interfaces: With the ability to delegate user inputs to individual cores and render 3D effects more smoothly, the functionality and appearance of user interfaces in both applications and operating systems are significantly enhanced.
3) Superior gaming experiences: The advanced multi-threaded programming deployed in the MediaTek True Octa-Core, enables different sequences to be allocated to different cores, delivering enhanced video frame-rate processing and exceptionally low-latency gaming experiences.
4) Efficient video playback: When on decoding mode, the battery used for decoding HEVC (H.265) FHD video can be reduced by up to 18 percent compared to current quad-core solutions. While on display mode, MediaTek True Octa-Core provides users 20 percent more frames.
According to a recent exposure of the details, MediaTek true eight-core processor architecture MT6592, will use the 28nm process, HPM technology, the main operating frequency between the 1.7GHz-2.2GHz, and for the previous statement using the effective eight Cortex-A7 core component, the configuration ARM Mali450-MP4 (clocked at 700MHz) graphics module, and is equipped with 1MB L2 cache, and can be mapped to LPDDR3 666MHz memory specifications, the 13 million pixel camera lens, 1080P @ 30fps dynamic video or video playback, and supports H.264, HEVC, VP9 video decoding specifications.
Screen display specification will support 1080P resolution, communication module is integrated HSPA Rel.8, maximum transfer rate corresponds to 21Mbps or 5.76Mbps, while also integrating includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n, Bluetooth, FM radio and GPS communication capabilities.
- 1New Alliance Memory High-Speed CMOS PSRAMs Offer 8Mb to 128Mb in 48/49-Ball FPBGA Packages
- 2New TI Portfolio of Ready-to-use, 600-V GaN FET Power Stages Supports Applications up to 10 kW
- 3Toshiba Releases Bluetooth 5 IC for Automotive Applications
- 4AAEON Adds Flexibility with Its New Desktop Network Appliance
- 5HOLTEK New HT66F2730 High Voltage and High Current MCU
- 6TYAN Launches Entry Server Platforms Optimized for the New Intel Xeon E-2100 Processors
- 7HOLTEK New HT45F6530 AC Voltage Regulator MCU
- 8Industry’s Smallest Multi-output MEMS Clock Generator Offers Up to 80% Board Space Savings
- 9Keysight Enables Engineers to Speed Test Development Times
- 10Avalue Debuts APC-series Fanless Multi-touch Panel PCs