Cree and STMicroelectronics announced today the expansion and extension of an existing multi-year, long-term silicon car...
Cree announces that it signed a multi-year agreement to produce and supply its Wolfspeed silicon carbide (SiC) wafers to STMicroelectronics...
“We are working together with Cree to evaluate their latest COB technology,” said Massimo Parravicini, R&D director of Reggiani Illuminazione. “I believe that the new CXA2 LED arrays, which deliver excellent performance in such small LES [light emitting surface], would be a great solution for the new generation of indoor luminaires we are currently developing.”
With the new CXA2 LED arrays, lighting manufacturers can achieve the same or better performance with a smaller LES compared to earlier products. For example, a 3800 lumen output from a larger 19 mm LES LED can be replaced with a smaller 12 mm LES LED, resulting in up to 60 percent system cost savings from lower LED, mechanical and optic material costs.
“The new CXA2 LED arrays make it possible for lighting designers to radically reduce system costs in the next generation of industry-leading lighting products,’ said Dave Emerson, vice president and general manager for Cree LEDs. ‘By giving our customers innovative LED solutions instead of incremental LED improvements, we enable them to differentiate their products in the marketplace and deliver more value to their end customers.”
CXA2 LED arrays share the same physical design as earlier arrays, allowing lighting manufacturers to leverage the existing optical, mechanical and electrical design elements to accelerate time to market without additional cost. LM-80 data is available for all CXA2 LED arrays for lighting manufacturers seeking ENERGY STAR qualification. The CXA2 LED arrays are also UL-recognized components and feature a level 4 rating.
Through improvements in the light conversion process, Cree has reduced LED-to-LED color variations and, among other options, offers CXA2 LED arrays in 2-step and 3-step EasyWhite bins. XLamp CXA2 LED arrays are available in 2700K-6500K, CRI options of 70, 80 and 90 with multiple voltage options in LES ranging from 6-30 mm with a lumen range of 250-19,000 lumens to address a wide variety of applications. Product samples are available now, and production quantities are available with standard lead times.
- 1FWS-2275: Solution for Secure Industrial Networks
- 2HOLTEK New BH66F71662/52 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission Body Fat Scale MCUs
- 3unitech Introduces Its Rugged Smartphone for Retail Solutions – EA500Plus
- 4STMicroelectronics Boosts Performance While Enhancing Ecosystem on STM32 MPU
- 5Renesas Electronics Unveils Industry’s Highest Performance Wideband mmWave Synthesizer
- 6ST Reveals STM32CubeMonitor Runtime Variable Monitoring and Visualization Tool
- 7BOXER-8110AI: Utilizing Service Robots to Prevent the Spread of Disease
- 8Avalue Introduces EMX-WHLGP Onboard Processor Thin MINI ITX Motherboard
- 9Renesas Introduces RX23E-A MCU Starter Kit to Jumpstart Accurate Analog Evaluation
- 10Samsung Introduces Industry’s First All-in-One Power ICs Optimized for Wireless Earbuds