Portwell, Inc., a innovator for Industrial PC (IPC) and embedded computing solutions, and an associate member of the Intel Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Alliance...
Portwell announces the release of the WEBS-7000, a palm-sized fan-less embedded system featuring the latest 14nm Intel P...
The Portwell PCOM-B642VG COM Express module supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology via Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, Intel vPro Technology via Q170 chipset for superior remote capabilities and Intel Hyper-threading Technology via Intel Core i7 processors.
It’s also designed with new advanced features offered by the 7th Generation Intel Core processors that boost IoT designs from the edge to the cloud, including Intel SGX (Software Guard Extensions), Intel MPX (Memory Guard Extensions), additional HSIO (High Speed Input/Output) with increased flexibility, and expanded HW/GPU accelerated codec support.
In addition, the PCOM-B642VG delivers greater graphics performance, stunning Ultra HD 4K display across three independent displays, as well as faster 3-D and video playback capability, while maintaining improved energy efficiency. These enhanced features and performance translate into improved security and reduced manageability cost, making the Portwell PCOM-B642VG an ideal solution for Medical Healthcare Systems, Military Equipment, Retail Systems and IoT application design across a broad spectrum of industries.
Specifically, the PCOM-B642VG COM Express module supports up to 32GB ECC (supported by C236 chipset only) and non-ECC DDR4 up to 2400MHz on two 288-pin SO-DIMM sockets, making it faster than its predecessor. Its expansion interface supports one PCI Express x16 Gen3 (8.0GT/s) for enhanced video performance, 1.6 times faster than the previous Gen2 (5.0GT/s), and eight PCI Express x1 Gen3 (8.0 GT/s).
Furthermore, PCOM-B642VG supports three independent displays, DP (DisplayPort), VGA and eDP with greater 3D performance compared to its previous generation. Running with a low TDP CPU (35 watts), the PCOM-B642VG can deliver superior performance in various environments.
- 1Seoul Semiconductor Announces the Availability of a Series of AC LED Modules
- 2Toshiba's Arm Cortex-M Core-Based MCUs Support Mbed OS
- 3Three New Class-D Amplifiers Solve Smart-Home Audio Design Challenges
- 4Samsung Introduces Its 10nm-Class 32GB DDR4 SoDIMMs
- 5AAEON AIOT-MSSP01 Bring Industrial-Grade Reliability to Vending Machines
- 6EEC Expands Power Source Lines with Feature-Rich 6300 and 6500 Series
- 7Nuvoton Launches High Performance NuMicro M480 Series Arm Cortex-M4 MCU
- 8Toshiba Releases Interface Bridge Devices for Automotive Infotainment Applications
- 9Increase System Performance in Closed-loop Control Applications with New PIC and AVR MCUs
- 10Toshiba Launches H-bridge Driver IC Supporting 1.8V Low-Voltage and 1.6A Large-Current Drive