Intel is partnering with Taiwan’s MediaTek on the development, certification and support of 5G modem solutions for the next generation of PC experiences...
Intel demonstrated its Intel Nervana Neural Network Processors (NNP) for training (NNP-T1000) and inference (NNP-I1000) ...
The Intel Xeon D-2100 processor extends the record-breaking performance and innovation of the Intel Xeon Scalable platform from the heart of the data center to the network edge and web tier, where network operators and cloud service providers face the need to continuously grow performance and capacity without increasing power consumption.
“To seize 5G and new cloud and network opportunities, service providers need to optimize their data center and edge infrastructures to meet the growing demands of bandwidth-hungry end users and their smart and connected devices,” said Sandra Rivera, senior vice president and general manager of the Network Platforms Group at Intel. “The Intel Xeon D-2100 processor allows service providers and enterprises to deliver the maximum amount of compute intelligence at the edge or web tier while expending the least power.”
Intel Xeon D-2100 processors will enable greater performance and hardware-enhanced security to the network edge in support of the growing number of workloads that demand more compute, analytics and data protection closer to endpoint devices. For example, the new processors will help communications service providers CoSPs offer multi-access edge computing (MEC), which allows software applications to tap into local content and real-time information about local-access network conditions, reducing mobile core network of network congestion. This can enable uses cases ranging from 5G-connected cars, smart stadiums, and retail and medical solutions.
The new processors will also enable CoSPs to deliver higher-capacity workload-optimized networking services with enhanced performance at lower power in virtual customer premise equipment (vCPE) such as VPNs and encryption services.
The Intel Xeon D-2100 processors include up to 18 “Skylake-server” generation Intel Xeon processor cores and integrated Intel QuickAssist Technology with up to 100 Gbps of built-in cryptography, decryption and encryption acceleration. In addition to those data protection enhancements, this product will be supported by system software updates to protect customers from the security exploits referred to as “Spectre” and “Meltdown.”
- 1Renesas Unveils Industry’s Highest Accuracy Optically Isolated Delta-Sigma Modulator
- 2Avalue Embedded E-paper Information Display Solution EPD-3133
- 3HOLTEK New HT32F50343 32-bit 5V USB MCU for RGB LED Strip Control Applications
- 4Cincoze GM-1000 Embedded GPU Computer Empowers Superior Performance for Machine Vision Applications
- 5BOXER-8251AI: More Power, Greater Flexibility for AI at the Edge
- 6HOLTEK New BM32S2021-1 Proximity Sensing Module
- 7BlueNRG-2 Development Kit from STMicroelectronics Unleashes Bluetooth 5.0 Performance and Efficiency
- 8Miniaturized Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 BGA SSD for Ultra-small Industrial Applications