Universal and flexible. These are the features of the new S33, the CNC universal cylin-drical grinding machine from STUDER...
Swiss cylindrical grinding specialist STUDER called on grinding experts to compete against the StuderTechnology computer...
The foundation of the universal cylindrical grinding machine is the machine bed made from solid Granitan S103. This provides high dimensional stability thanks to its favorable thermal behavior, while the mineral casting largely equalizes short-term variations in temperature. STUDER has redesigned the machine base geometry and added an innovative base tempera-ture control. This ensures quick and stable production. The fixing of the dressing device on the double T-slot of the longitudinal slide drastically reduces the complexity of setup and change-over. A further highlight: The S31 features StuderGuide guideways with their damping compo-nent in the direction of movement.
The S31 is based on the STUDER T-slide concept. It now has an extended X-axis stroke of 370 mm. This enables a large number of wheelhead variants, which can be precisely tailored to the customer's requirements. Customers can choose between the turret wheelhead with continuously variable B-axis or B-axis with 1° Hirth coupling. The turret wheelhead can be equipped with several grinding wheels. Thanks to the software for grinding wheel alignment, STUDER Quick-Set, changeover times are reduced by up to 90 percent. The new S31 ena-bles grinding of different diameters and cones with just one grinding wheel and without time-consuming intermediate dressing. This is made possible by the direct drive on the B-axis with a positioning scatter of <1“.
Over a hundred years of grinding experience are invested in StuderWIN, which enables relia-ble programming and efficient operation. StuderTechnology also automatically calculates the optimal grinding parameters in a matter of seconds, based on just a little information. This means good quality and a stable process at the first attempt. The optional integrated modules such as StuderForm, StuderThread or StuderContourBasic, extend the functionality of the machine.
The S31 is equipped with a Fanuc 0i-TF and is optionally available with the Fanuc 31i-B for High Speed Machining (HSM). The PCU manual control unit enables setup of the machine close to the grinding process. Non-productive times can be reduced to a minimum with the electronic contact detection function. In addition, the standardized loader interface enables automation of the S31.
- 1Toshiba Starts Shipment of UL 508 Certified Photorelays for Industrial Control Equipment
- 2PLCC-RGB-LEDs For Sophisticated Lighting Solutions
- 3Avalue Announces Launch of Cloud-based Device Management Software - Renity Sentinel V3.0
- 4EPIC-KBS9-PUC: Proven Performance for Embedded Application
- 5HOLTEK New BH67F5235 24-bit A/D with Touch and LCD MCU
- 6MEMS Chip Combines Accelerometer with High-Accuracy Temperature Sensor for Superior Precision
- 7Toshiba Launches Lens Reduction Type, 5340-Pixel by 3-line Linear Image Sensor
- 8Pervasive Displays Expands Its Popular Range of Red Tri-color E-paper Displays
- 9Samsung Introduces Exynos i T100 for Secure and Reliable IoT Devices
- 10Free Integrated Development Environment from STMicroelectronics Expands STM32Cube MCU Ecosystem