It was 1933 when the first internal cylindrical grinding machine, Type 01, left the premises of Fritz Studer AG. 85 year...
Universal and flexible. These are the features of the new S33, the CNC universal cylin-drical grinding machine from STUDER...
The foundation of the universal cylindrical grinding machine is the machine bed made from solid Granitan S103. This provides high dimensional stability thanks to its favorable thermal behavior, while the mineral casting largely equalizes short-term variations in temperature. STUDER has redesigned the machine base geometry and added an innovative base tempera-ture control. This ensures quick and stable production. The fixing of the dressing device on the double T-slot of the longitudinal slide drastically reduces the complexity of setup and change-over. A further highlight: The S31 features StuderGuide guideways with their damping compo-nent in the direction of movement.
The S31 is based on the STUDER T-slide concept. It now has an extended X-axis stroke of 370 mm. This enables a large number of wheelhead variants, which can be precisely tailored to the customer's requirements. Customers can choose between the turret wheelhead with continuously variable B-axis or B-axis with 1° Hirth coupling. The turret wheelhead can be equipped with several grinding wheels. Thanks to the software for grinding wheel alignment, STUDER Quick-Set, changeover times are reduced by up to 90 percent. The new S31 ena-bles grinding of different diameters and cones with just one grinding wheel and without time-consuming intermediate dressing. This is made possible by the direct drive on the B-axis with a positioning scatter of <1“.
Over a hundred years of grinding experience are invested in StuderWIN, which enables relia-ble programming and efficient operation. StuderTechnology also automatically calculates the optimal grinding parameters in a matter of seconds, based on just a little information. This means good quality and a stable process at the first attempt. The optional integrated modules such as StuderForm, StuderThread or StuderContourBasic, extend the functionality of the machine.
The S31 is equipped with a Fanuc 0i-TF and is optionally available with the Fanuc 31i-B for High Speed Machining (HSM). The PCU manual control unit enables setup of the machine close to the grinding process. Non-productive times can be reduced to a minimum with the electronic contact detection function. In addition, the standardized loader interface enables automation of the S31.
- 1The BOXER-8300AI Series: Powering AI@Edge with Intel Movidius Myriad X
- 2Renesas Announces Automotive Industry’s First FHD LCD Video Controller With MIPI-CSI2 Input
- 3HOLTEK New HT45F5Q-3 Charger MCU
- 4Toshiba Launches High-voltage Dual-channel Solenoid Driver IC
- 5Samsung Brings Revolutionary Software Innovation to PCIe Gen4 SSDs for Maximized Storage Performance
- 6HOLTEK New HT66F0184 Streamlined A/D Flash MCU
- 7Keysight Launches First Forward Error Correction (FEC)-Aware Layer 1 Test System
- 8Toshiba Launches 600V Sine-Wave PWM Driver IC for Three-Phase Brushless Motors
- 9Renesas Unveils RA Family of 32-Bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs With Advanced Security for Intelligent IoT
- 10HOLTEK New BS67F350C Enhanced Touch A/D LCD MCU with High Noise Immunity