It was 1933 when the first internal cylindrical grinding machine, Type 01, left the premises of Fritz Studer AG. 85 year...
The new S31 performs complex and varied grinding tasks precisely and reliably. It can be used to produce small to medium-sized workpieces with a distance between centers of 400...
Fritz Studer AG produces standard machines and individual system solutions in high-precision cylindrical grinding for machining small and medium-sized workpieces.
STUDER is awarding the "Fritz Studer Award" for the sixth time. Participation in this competi-tion provides young researchers with a platform for their creative solutions. The goal of the award is to advance and strengthen innovative developments in the machine industry.
For this competition STUDER is looking for work and research results with the following con-tent:
• Innovative machine concepts or components for precision machine tools
• Alternative materials in machine construction
• Simulation models for dynamic and thermal behavior of machine tools
• Control and sensor concepts for machine tools
• Digital Solutions to support the grinding process
• New or advanced manufacturing technologies, especially in precision machining, such as grinding, hard turning etc.
The research prize is aimed at graduates from European universities and technical colleges. Anyone who has focused on scientific topics or applied research areas in their student re-search project, college work or dissertation is invited to participate. The applicant should also be able to produce substantiated results or partial results from their research work. What is crucial for the assessment? Firstly, the feasibility of the findings in the machine industry. Sec-ondly, the approach must be new. Scientific content, form and accuracy of the statements will also be assessed.
A prestigious jury will assess the submitted entries and choose the winner or winners. The jury includes:
• Prof. Dr.-Ing. Konrad Wegener, Director of the Institute of Machine Tools and Production at ETH Zurich
• Dr.-Ing. Hans-Werner Hoffmeister, Head of Production Technology Department at the In-stitute for Machine Tools and Production Technology at TU Braunschweig
• Dr.-Ing. Frank Fiebelkorn, Head of Research and Technology at Fritz Studer AG.
The winners will receive a reward of CHF 10,000, the Fritz Studer Award and a certificate. The award ceremony will take place in mid-February 2021.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Wistron to Sell Wistron InfoComm Manufacturing and Wistron Investmen to Luxshare Group
- 2Arrow, Panasonic Industry, and STMicroelectronics Join Forces to Deliver IoT Modules for Smart Appli
- 3AUO and Samsung Jointly Enter the Premium Home Electronics Market with 8K Bezel-less TV Displays
- 4Chip Manufacturing Equipment Spending to Hit Record High $70 Billion in 2021 After Strong 2020
- 5Analog’s $20bn Maxim Deal Another Example of Semiconductor Sector Shakeout, says GlobalData