Renesas Electronics introduced the RZ/V series of microprocessors (MPUs), which features DRP-AI (Dynamically Reconfigurable Processor)...
Renesas Electronics unveiled four new I3C Basic bus extension products for control plane designs across a variety of applications...
“Inductive position sensing is changing the game for industrial motor commutation as demands for high accuracy, high efficiency, and cost efficiency increase, particularly for multi-pole pair motors and off-axis applications,” said Christian Wolf, Vice President, Automotive Sensor Business Division at Renesas. “With the IPS2200, we are excited to offer a solution that takes customers from concept to PCB layout, enabling them to design their own resolver replacement and achieve lighter, better performing motors for their industrial, robotic, consumer and medical applications. Moving forward, Renesas will also explore the inductive sensors for use in automotive applications.”
The IPS2200 is designed around the motor, allowing customers to match the number of sectors to pole pairs of the motor to maximize accuracy, accommodating both off-axis (through shaft and side shaft) and on-axis positioning. The magnet-free IPS2200 is up to 10x thinner and up to 100x lighter with up to 250 krpm electrical speeds compared with traditional resolvers.
The sensor’s thin and light form factor and total stray field immunity enables easier motor integration and provides the standard materials required for customers to manufacture their own resolver replacement – reducing bill of materials costs. With its four- or six-wire operation, the IPS2200 provides up to 10x faster speeds and very low latency compared with resolver- or magnetic-based solutions.
In addition, Renesas offers off-the-shelf tools that can be used to create tailored and customized sensing elements, as well as custom tools that can achieve coil optimization sets within about 30 minutes.
The IPS2200 is Renesas’ first inductive position sensor for industrial markets, joining the company’s robust portfolio of devices for industrial motor commutation, which includes microcontrollers, power management, and drivers.
- 1HOLTEK New HT32F59741 Enhanced 24-bit A/D Arm Cortex-M0+ MCU
- 2STMicroelectronics Launches Ultra-Economical Synchronous-Rectification Controllers in 6-Pin Packages
- 3Renesas Introduces New I3C Bus Extension Products
- 4STMicroelectronics Simplifies Design and Boosts Safety with Highly Integrated Universal Car-Lock IC
- 5Nexperia Delivers Widest Range of AEC-Q101 Discretes in Miniature, Leadless Rugged DFN Packages
- 6Avalue Introduces AIO POS Touchscreen Terminal and Smart Healthcare Solutions
- 7Size-optimized congatec SMARC 2.1 Carrier Board Makes Intel Atom Processor Based 3.5" SBCs Modular
- 8Renesas Unveils RZ/V Microprocessor Series with Vision-Optimized AI Accelerator
- 9Renesas Introduces New Industrial Motor Commutation With High-Accuracy Inductive Position Sensing
- 10Toshiba Releases Industry’s First Photocouplers for High-Speed Communications Operating from 2.2V