Renesas Electronics and Sequans Communications will partner to develop IoT modules based on Sequans’ Monarch LTE-M/NB-IoT platform...
Renesas Electronics announced a technology IP cooperation with Andes Technology, an advanced supplier of RISC-V based em...
“Inductive position sensing is changing the game for industrial motor commutation as demands for high accuracy, high efficiency, and cost efficiency increase, particularly for multi-pole pair motors and off-axis applications,” said Christian Wolf, Vice President, Automotive Sensor Business Division at Renesas. “With the IPS2200, we are excited to offer a solution that takes customers from concept to PCB layout, enabling them to design their own resolver replacement and achieve lighter, better performing motors for their industrial, robotic, consumer and medical applications. Moving forward, Renesas will also explore the inductive sensors for use in automotive applications.”
The IPS2200 is designed around the motor, allowing customers to match the number of sectors to pole pairs of the motor to maximize accuracy, accommodating both off-axis (through shaft and side shaft) and on-axis positioning. The magnet-free IPS2200 is up to 10x thinner and up to 100x lighter with up to 250 krpm electrical speeds compared with traditional resolvers.
The sensor’s thin and light form factor and total stray field immunity enables easier motor integration and provides the standard materials required for customers to manufacture their own resolver replacement – reducing bill of materials costs. With its four- or six-wire operation, the IPS2200 provides up to 10x faster speeds and very low latency compared with resolver- or magnetic-based solutions.
In addition, Renesas offers off-the-shelf tools that can be used to create tailored and customized sensing elements, as well as custom tools that can achieve coil optimization sets within about 30 minutes.
The IPS2200 is Renesas’ first inductive position sensor for industrial markets, joining the company’s robust portfolio of devices for industrial motor commutation, which includes microcontrollers, power management, and drivers.
- 1Renesas I3C Bus Extension and SPD Hub Devices Qualified for ASPEED AST2600 Baseboard Controller
- 2BOXER-8222AI: The Power of AI at the Edge
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F2030 Small Package MCU
- 4Small Size, Highly Reliable PCIe M.2 SSD for Industrial Applications
- 5Toshiba Launches Ultra-Low Current Consumption CMOS Operational Amplifier
- 6HOLTEK New BC66F5132 2.4GHz Transmitter with Encoder MCU
- 7ST Pioneers Smaller, Faster Chargers and Power Supplies with World’s First Driver and GaN Device
- 8STMicroelectronics Releases KNX-RF Software for Power-Conscious Building Automation
- 9u-blox’s Cellular Modules with Own LPWA Chipset Pass US Certifications and Enter Production
- 10STMicroelectronics Accelerates Space Applications with 150MHz+ High-Speed Rad-Hard Logic