Published: Apr 01,2020
As Samsung Display Exits LCD Market, Monitor Panel Industry Expects Major Reshuffle, Says TrendForce
According to the latest investigations by the WitsView research division of TrendForce, the oversupply of TV panels in 2019 resulted in a major price drop. As such, panel manufacturers hoped to utilize their excess capacity in 2020 through increasing their production of monitor panels, with Samsung Display (SDC) having the most extensive plans...
TAINAN City, Taiwan – Pervasive Displays (PDi) announces a major advancement in product reliability and manufacturing capacity, through its collaboration with BOE Smart Electronics System Co. Ltd (BOE), to improve the automated production of electronic paper displays (EPDs)...
NEC Corporation today announced the conclusion of a strategic partnership agreement with Kagome Co., Ltd. to launch agricultural management support services utilizing AI for leading tomato processing companies. The new service uses NEC’s AI-enabled agricultural ICT platform, CropScope, to visualize tomato growth and soil conditions based on sensor data and satellite images, and to provide farming management recommendation services...
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to accelerate and cause damage to the global economy and consumers’ purchasing power, TrendForce has compiled its latest report on the statuses of key electronics component and downstream industries, with data last updated on March 26, 2020...
According to the latest investigations by the WitsView research division of TrendForce, despite the impact from the COVID-19 pandemic, February TV panel shipments were propped up by rising panel ASPs and panel manufacturers’ existing stock...
SamsungElectronics today announced that it has successfully shipped one million of the industry's first 10nm-class (D1x) DDR4 (Double Date Rate 4) DRAM modules based on extreme ultraviolet (EUV) technology. The new EUV-based DRAM modules have completed global customer evaluations, and will open the door to more cutting-edge EUV process nodes for use in premium PC, mobile, enterprise server and datacenter applications...
- 1Taiwan-Thailand Medical Technology Collaborating Center to Ease the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2Taiwan and Australia Jointly Develop New Anti-novel Coronavirus Drugs
- 3MOST and SmartLabs Cooperate Together to Fight COVID-19
- 4Chromebooks to Set Record by Occupying 25% of Notebook Shipment for First Time Ever, Says TrendForce
- 5HiSilicon First China-Based Semi Supplier to be Ranked in Top-10
- 6Smartphone Production to Drop by 16.5% YoY in 2Q20, Setting Historical Record
- 7Synopsys Announces Industry's Broadest IP Portfolio for TSMC's 5nm Process Technology
- 8Virus Crisis Hits Optoelectronics, Sensors/Actuators, and Discretes
- 9AUO to Demerge General Display and Public Information Display Business
- 10Semiconductor Downturn to Continue Into 2020 Due to COVID-19 Impact