Published: Oct 29,2020
HSINCHU, Taiwan - United Microelectronics today pleaded guilty to one count of receiving and possessing a stolen trade secret, and agreed to pay a fine of $60 million USD. UMC’s plea and Plea Agreement resolve a 2018 trade secrets case brought against UMC by the U...
AAEON is honored with receiving the 29th Taiwan Excellence Award for 2021. Four AAEON products are recognized this year for their innovation and design to continue pushing AI and edge computing; the BOXER-6641, BOXER-6842M, BOXER-8221AI and BOXER-8521AI...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Six winners of the Taiwan Excellence Award unveiled their groundbreaking advances for the hardware manufacturing industry at the Taiwan Excellence Hardware Showcase, a digital event held on Friday, October 23, in Taipei, Taiwan, to industry professionals around the globe...
IC Insights’ October Update to The McClean Report showed the monthly average selling price (ASP) of DRAM started on a steep downward trend in the second half of 2018 that eventually bottomed out at $3.04 in December 2019. DRAM prices rebounded in the first half of 2020 as memory demand grew for personal and enterprise computing systems after the Covid-19 virus forced a rapid and dramatic shift to online-based education...
AMD announced that it had reached an agreement with leading FPGA manufacturer Xilinx to acquire the latter for US$35 billion. Should the acquisition proceed as planned, AMD will greatly increase its influence across industries such as 5G...
The total worldwide shipments of branded SSDs bound for the channel (retail) market in 2019 reached 131 million units, showing an increase of almost 60% from 2018, according to TrendForce's latest investigations. This result also indicated a further and substantial growth in SSD adoption...
- 1TrendForce Announces 10 Tech Industry Trends for 2021
- 2Realtek Second Generation 2.5GbE Provides an Advanced Ethernet Solution for Modern Demands
- 3MicroSAM – The New Microcontroller-Agnostic Module Form Factor for the Enablement of Smart Sensors
- 4Kingston, ADATA, Tigo Take Top Three of SSD Module Makers
- 5Lextar Partners With X Display to Accelerate MicroLED Mass Production
- 6Nuvoton Technology Introduces Arm Cortex-M23 Based NuMicro M251/M252 Series MCU
- 7Epson Taiwan Partners with Local Organizations to Create Smart Glasses AR Ecosystem
- 8AUO to Take Advantage of Smart Vertical Opportunities from 5G + AI Digital Transformation
- 9Imec Presents Alternative Metals in Advanced Interconnect and Contact Schemes As a Path to 2nm Nodes
- 10Mitsubishi Electric’s Net Zero Energy Building Test Facility to Be Completed on Oct. 14