Published: Jan 08,2018
IC Insights released a listing of the 2017 top 50 fabless IC suppliers. Figure shows the top 10 ranking of fabless IC suppliers for 2017. Two China-based fabless companies made the top 10 ranking last year—HiSilicon, which sells most of its devices as internal transfers to smartphone supplier Huawei, and Unigroup, which includes the IC sales of both Spreadtrum and RDA...
Acer today launches the world’s thinnest laptop, the new Swift 7 (SF714-51T). At just 8.98 mm thin, the new Swift 7 is an always-connected PC running Windows 10 that’s designed for mobility, with an ultraportable design packing a powerful Intel Core i7 processor, all-day battery life and a personal, trusted 4G LTE connection...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwanese inductor manufacturer Chilisin Electronics Corp. announced yesterday that they had acquired a 100% share in Mag. Layers Scientific Technics Co., Ltd., which is also a Taiwanese company. Following this merger, the combined market share of the two companies now exceeds 10%, and they have become the third largest global inductor component provider...
According to DRAMeXchange, a division of TrendForce, the production capacity expansion of major NAND Flash manufacturers, e.g. Toshiba, Samsung, Intel, and Yangtze Memory Technologies Corporation (YMTC), will have increasing impacts on the industry, resulting in a possible oversupply in NAND Flash market in 2019...
Worldwide semiconductor revenue totalled $419.7 billion in 2017, a 22.2 percent increase from 2016, according to preliminary results by Gartner, Inc. Undersupply helped drive 64 percent revenue growth in the memory market, which accounted for 31 percent of total semiconductor revenue in 2017...
The Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Taiwan's largest high-tech applied research institutions, today announced its robot powered by ITRI’s Intelligent Vision System for Companion Robots will play SCRABBLE with 2017 North American SCRABBLE Champion Will Anderson at CES 2018...
- 1Taiwan's Nanya Completes First Self-Developed 20nm 8GB DDR 4 DRAM
- 2The Top 10 Key ICT Trends to Observe in 2018
- 3Allion Labs Establishes IoT Innovation Center in Nantou, Taiwan
- 4China’s JHICC, Innotron Memory and Tsinghua Unigroup Emerge As Major Domestic Suppliers
- 5Macronix to Increase Its Advanced Process Manufacturing Capacity Next Year
- 6Broadcom Announces Industry’s First Silicon-Proven 7nm IP for ASICs in Deep Learning and Networking
- 7Sony Releases a Back-Illuminated Time-of-Flight Image Sensor
- 8VR Market Shipments at 5 Million Units in 2018, TrendForce Says
- 9Samsung Mass Producing Industry’s First 2nd-Gen, 10-Nanometer Class DRAM
- 10Global Smartphone Production Growth to Drop to 5% in 2018, Says TrendForce