Published: May 13,2020
According to the latest investigations by the LEDinside research division of TrendForce, owing to the continued shrinking of pixel pitches, LED shipment for video wall is expected to undergo further growth in 2020. Although the current yearly revenue forecast has been revised from the pre-pandemic figure of US$2...
Synopsys announced the industry's broadest portfolio of high-quality IP on TSMC's 5nm process technology for high-performance computing system-on chips (SoCs). The DesignWare IP portfolio on the TSMC process, encompassing interface IP for the most widely used high-speed protocols and foundation IP, accelerates development of SoCs for high-end cloud computing, AI accelerators, networking and storage applications...
According to the IDC Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, smartphone shipments in China stood at 66.6 million units in the first quarter of 2020, a 20.3% decline from 83.6 million units a year ago. This marked the largest decline ever in China as the market was hit by both supply chain disruptions and a demand slump due to lockdowns and the COVID-19 pandemic...
Chromebooks to Set Record by Occupying 25% of Notebook Shipment for First Time Ever, Says TrendForce
The transformation of both work and education by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought about exceptional shipment numbers for the notebook computer industry in 2Q20, with Chromebooks showing the most remarkable growth...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Acer announced its consolidated revenues for April at NT$19.75 billion, up 41.1% year-on-year (YoY). For year-to-April, consolidated revenues were NT$68.60 billion, slightly down by 0.1% YoY. Acer demonstrated strong velocity of growth in capturing new business demands from work-from-home and distance learning needs...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - There has been an explosion in sensor and transmission technologies due to Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology. Sigfox, developed in France, has become a star wireless transmission technology and network application...
- 1Taiwan-Thailand Medical Technology Collaborating Center to Ease the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2Taiwan and Australia Jointly Develop New Anti-novel Coronavirus Drugs
- 3Chromebooks to Set Record by Occupying 25% of Notebook Shipment for First Time Ever, Says TrendForce
- 4HiSilicon First China-Based Semi Supplier to be Ranked in Top-10
- 5Virus Crisis Hits Optoelectronics, Sensors/Actuators, and Discretes
- 6Synopsys Announces Industry's Broadest IP Portfolio for TSMC's 5nm Process Technology
- 7Smartphone Production to Drop by 16.5% YoY in 2Q20, Setting Historical Record
- 8AUO to Demerge General Display and Public Information Display Business
- 9First Open-source 5G Core Network Complied with International Standards Research Made in Taiwan
- 10Semiconductor Downturn to Continue Into 2020 Due to COVID-19 Impact