Published: Mar 05,2018
TDK Corporation announced that it has reached an agreement with Chirp Microsystems, Inc., a pioneer in high-performance ultrasonic sensing, in which Chirp becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of TDK. TDK expects to close the acquisition within the coming days...
Since the global economic recession of 2008-2009, the IC industry has been on a mission to pare down older capacity (i.e., ≤200mm wafers) in order to produce devices more cost-effectively on larger wafers. The spree of merger and acquisition activity and the migration to producing IC devices using sub-20nm process technology has also led suppliers to eliminate inefficient wafer fabs...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - According to a survey conducted by Chinese market research institute Sigmaintell, in January 2018, the thirteen largest global television OEM manufacturers shipped out 8.02 million units, which was a yearly increase of 68...
Shipment revenue of flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) displays more than tripled in 2017, accounting for 54.6 percent of total AMOLED panel shipment revenue, according to business information provider IHS Markit...
Intel unveiled “Intel AI: In Production,” a new program that makes it easier for developers to bring their artificial intelligence prototypes to market. Since its introduction last July, the Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick (NCS) has gained a developer base in the tens of thousands...
Global mobile DRAM revenue hit a new high of US$8 billion in 4Q17, a robust sequential growth of 23.6%, says DRAMeXchange, a division of TrendForce. In 4Q17, the major suppliers raised their prices by 10-15% on average, driven by expected strong demand from the smartphone market during the traditional busy season, and continuing brisk demands from North American datacenters...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenues Grow Slower in 1Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2Hon Hai to Develop Big Data, AI, and the IIoT in the Next Three Years
- 3MediaTek Joins ONNX Along with Facebook, Microsoft and Amazon to Promote AI Technologies
- 4ASE and TDK Establish Joint Venture to Provide Wearable Chip Package Solutions
- 5Intel Introduces ‘Intel AI: In Production’ Program with AAEON
- 6Adoption Rate of 3D Sensing in Smartphones is Estimated at 13.1% in 2018, Says TrendForce
- 7Samsung Electronics Breaks Ground on New EUV Line in Hwaseong
- 8Foxconn Returns to the First Place of TV OEM
- 9Penetration Rate of Full-screen Smartphone Will Surge to 45% in 2018
- 10Adoption Rate of SSD in Notebooks to 50%, Says TrendForce