Published: Dec 21,2017
Samsung Electronics announced today that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first 2nd-generation of 10-nanometer class (1y-nm), 8-gigabit (Gb) DDR4 DRAM. For use in a wide range of next-generation computing systems, the new 8Gb DDR4 features the highest performance and energy efficiency for an 8Gb DRAM chip, as well as the smallest dimensions...
Major Chinese LED chip suppliers including San’an Optoelectronics and HC SemiTek have lowered their product prices recently, indicating the end of LED chip price hike that had lasted for one and a half year. According to LEDinside, a division of TrendForce, the recent price drop signals the end of LED chip undersupply, and the next year will witness a balance in LED chip supply and demand...
NANTOU, Taiwan - Standard certification and testing company Allion Labs Inc. formally opened an “IoT Innovation Center” in Zhongxing New Village, Nantou which will provide comprehensive IoT testing and certification and assist manufacturers in understanding usage scenarios in the future IoT era...
X-FAB today announced the availability of two new Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) IP solutions - a low power embedded Flash (eFlash) IP block and a NVRAM compiler. Both are based on the company’s proprietary 180 nm XH018 mixed-signal CMOS technology and are targeted at applications requiring high reliability and field re-programmability while operating at low power and in harsh environments...
Intel today announced the availability of the Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA, the industry’s first field programmable gate array (FPGA) with integrated High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2). By integrating the FPGA and the HBM2, Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGAs offer up to 10 times the memory bandwidth when compared with standalone DDR memory solutions...
Globally, public low power wide area (LPWA) connections are anticipated to reach over 1 billion by 2021, according to a new report by business information provider IHS Markit. This represents a 206 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2014 to 2021, spurred by the need for low-power wireless network technology in Internet of Things (IoT) devices...
- 1Taiwan's Nanya Completes First Self-Developed 20nm 8GB DDR 4 DRAM
- 2The Top 10 Key ICT Trends to Observe in 2018
- 3Allion Labs Establishes IoT Innovation Center in Nantou, Taiwan
- 4China’s JHICC, Innotron Memory and Tsinghua Unigroup Emerge As Major Domestic Suppliers
- 5Macronix to Increase Its Advanced Process Manufacturing Capacity Next Year
- 6Broadcom Announces Industry’s First Silicon-Proven 7nm IP for ASICs in Deep Learning and Networking
- 7Sony Releases a Back-Illuminated Time-of-Flight Image Sensor
- 8VR Market Shipments at 5 Million Units in 2018, TrendForce Says
- 9Samsung Mass Producing Industry’s First 2nd-Gen, 10-Nanometer Class DRAM
- 10Global Smartphone Production Growth to Drop to 5% in 2018, Says TrendForce