Latest Fab Plans in China Need Government Subsidies to Minimize Risks of Losses in Short/Medium Term
Published: Aug 03,2017
Worldwide semiconductor capital spending is projected to increase 10.2 percent in 2017, to $77.7 billion, according to Gartner, Inc. This growth rate is up from the previous quarter's forecast of 1.4 percent, due to continued aggressive investment in memory and leading-edge logic which is driving spending in wafer-level equipment...
HISNCHU, Taiwan - Global Unichip Corp. (GUC), announced that the company acquired its recent designation as an ISO26262-certified supplier. GUC Functional Safety Design Flow recently earned ISO 26262 ASIL-D certification from Germany SGS-TUV and now provides a complete, certified automotive safety design service...
Entering the second half of the year, it is clear the IC industry is on course for a much stronger upturn than was initially forecast in January. According to IC Insights’ reports, the IC market to increase 16% in 2017 due to exceptional growth in the DRAM and NAND flash memory markets...
OLED TV revenues are forecast to grow 71 percent year-over-year in 2017, while 4K TV revenues will increase 31 percent year-over-year, according to IHS Markit. A number of brands have adopted OLED technology into their TV lineups in 2017, including Sony, joining LG Electronics, the primary promoter of OLED...
Industry 4.0 is a concept that has attracted a lot of attention in the global marketplace since its emergence in 2012. Following this conceptual framework, manufacturing companies in various industries have embarked on a mission to transform their operations by deploying smart technologies...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Current global LCD panel 10.5-generation manufacturers are planning to begin the bulk of mass production after 2017, and the majority of the panel manufacturers are located in Mainland China. Taiwanese op...
- 1Flexible AMOLED Display Manufacturing Capacity to Grow 91% CAGR Between 2016 and 2020
- 2PC DRAM Contract Price Rose by Over 10% Sequentially in Q2, TrendForce Says
- 3China's LCD Panel Manufacturers to Increase 10.5-Gen Production
- 4Broadcom Again Topped TrendForce’s Latest Revenue Ranking of Top 10 IC Design Houses
- 5Foxconn to Deploy 8K LCD Plant in Wisconsin, USA
- 6Asia Pacific Robotics Spending to Grow by 25.2% CAGR from 2017-2021, says IDC
- 7Taiwan IC Revenue Totaled US$18.9B in Q2, Up 0.2% QoQ and 4.8% Decrease YoY
- 8Upcoming Device Models Will Reinvigorate Smartphone Market, TrendForce Says
- 9Panasonic Develops Drowsiness-Control Technology by Detecting and Predicting Driver's Level of Drows
- 10OLED TV Expected to Grow to More than 50% of $1,000-Plus Market by 2019