Published: Feb 21,2018
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Acer today announces that it has been honored with 12 iF Design Awards 2018 in recognition for design excellence. Among them, Predator gaming device, software and packaging designs led the way for Acer with six awards including the Predator Orion 9000 desktop, Predator Triton 700 notebook, Predator X27 monitor, Predator X34P monitor, as well as PredatorSense software and Predator Gaming Gadget packaging design...
Despite slower demand from end market and panel price erosion, the large thin-film transistor (TFT) display market expanded in 2017 in all three aspects -- unit shipments, area shipments and revenue. According to a new report from business information provider IHS Markit...
Sony Corporation today announced that it has developed a 1.46 effective megapixel back-illuminated CMOS image sensor equipped with a Global Shutter function. The newly developed pixel-parallel analog-to-digital converters provide the function to instantly convert the analog signal from all pixels, simultaneously exposed, to a digital signal in parallel...
Imec has designed and fabricated a 16,384-electrode, 1,024-channel micro-electrode array (MEA) for high-throughput multi-modal cell interfacing. The chip offers intracellular and extracellular recording, voltage- and current-controlled stimulation, impedance monitoring and spectroscopy functionalities thereby packing the most cell-interfacing modalities on a single chip, and being the only one to enable multi-well assays...
STMicroelectronics was recognized as among the world’s most innovative companies in being named a “2018 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Technology Leader”. Based on a proprietary methodology that holistically assesses organizations to determine those at the forefront of the tech industry...
The TSIA survey showed that Q4 2017 Taiwan IC revenue as a whole (including design, manufacturing, packaging and testing) totaled NT$675.5 billion(US$22.2B) (up 5.1% on-quarter and 4.9% increase on-year). The revenue wad with NT$160...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenues Grow Slower in 1Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2Hon Hai to Develop Big Data, AI, and the IIoT in the Next Three Years
- 3MediaTek Joins ONNX Along with Facebook, Microsoft and Amazon to Promote AI Technologies
- 4ASE and TDK Establish Joint Venture to Provide Wearable Chip Package Solutions
- 5Intel Introduces ‘Intel AI: In Production’ Program with AAEON
- 6Adoption Rate of 3D Sensing in Smartphones is Estimated at 13.1% in 2018, Says TrendForce
- 7Samsung Electronics Breaks Ground on New EUV Line in Hwaseong
- 8Foxconn Returns to the First Place of TV OEM
- 9Penetration Rate of Full-screen Smartphone Will Surge to 45% in 2018
- 10Seoul Semiconductor Successfully Invalidates Everlight’s Patent in the United Kingdom