Published: Aug 10,2020
According to the IDC Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, 87.8 million smartphones were shipped in China during the second quarter of 2020, down 10.3% year-on-year. Evidently, consumer sentiment was a challenge but this was still a narrower figure compared to the first quarter's 20...
Intel has fallen behind in its ability to make commercially ready, leading-edge chips in sufficient volumes, opening the door to its main rivals, AMD and Nvidia, says GlobalData. Intel’s recent bombshell that it has stumbled - yet again - in the production of its 7-nanometer (nm) parts was a shock to the industry nonetheless...
HSINCHU, Taiwan –MediaTek today announced advances in its collaboration with Intel to bring 5G experiences to next-generation PCs with the successful development and certification of its 5G modem data card. MediaTek’s T700 5G modem, which will be used to bring 5G connectivity to Intel-powered PCs, completed 5G standalone (SA) calls in real world test scenarios...
u-blox announced that, going forward, DOT Telematik und Systemtechnik GmbH’s ultra-robust, solar-powered X-Rayl Solar Pointer logistics tracker will feature the u-blox LARA-R211 LTE Cat 1 modem with GSM fallback and positioning capability...
Singapore’s autonomous mobile robot company SESTO Robotics has launched SESTO Magnus - a bi-directional, compact autonomous mobile robot able to carry loads up to 300kg. Having the highest payload rating in the compact class, SESTO Magnus is designed to automate material handling processes in manufacturing, commercial and healthcare industries...
HSINCHU, Taiwan – AUO Chairman and CEO Paul Peng, recognized by the industry’s prestigious SID David Sarnoff Industrial Achievement Prize, talks about what winning the accolade means to both him and the company through a pre-recorded video, as the awarding ceremony could not be held this year due to the pandemic Joining the video are SID fellow Dr...
- 1EVs Pushing Battery Prices Down and ESS to Next Phase of Energy Transition, reveals GlobalData
- 2Consumer Electronics Market to Surpass USD 1,500 Billion by 2026, Says Global Market Insigh
- 3Alibaba Unveils New Manufacturing Digital Factory
- 4Phison Launches World’s Highest Capacity QLC Customizable Enterprise SSD in a 2.5” Form Factor
- 5Bureau Veritas Supports Moxa to Obtain the First IEC 62443-4-1 Certificate
- 6Covestro Invited to Taiwan Sustainable Supply Chain Forum: Building Circular Ecosystems
- 7TSMC Continues to Reap the Benefits of Strong Demand for 7nm and 5nm Devices, Says IC Insights
- 8Broadcom Overtakes Qualcomm for First Place in 2Q20 Revenue Ranking
- 9World’s First USB PD E-Marker Transmission Control IC, Certified by USB-IF for USB4 and Intel
- 10Acer Announces New Spin 7 Powered by the Qualcomm 5G Platform