Published: Apr 24,2018
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Although hopes are not high for the second quarter of this year, this is not affecting resolve to make full-fledged efforts to hurry along the production of new technologies. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSMC) at its Q1 investor conference stated that they will increase their yearly expenditures from US$11...
HSINCHU, Taiwan –The Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Taiwan’s largest applied research institution, was named a 2017 Clarivate Analytics Top 100 Global Innovator. A trophy was presented to ITRI at its headquarters in Hsinchu, Taiwan on April 23, 2018 to recognize its excellence in R&D innovation and intellectual property (IP) development and protection...
According to DRAMeXchange, a division of TrendForce, China has entered the semiconductor sector and focused on the development of domestic memory industry. The three key players are YMTC, Innotron (Hefei Chang Xin) and JHICC, which work on NAND Flash, mobile DRAM and specialty DRAM respectively...
Mitsubishi Electric announced today that it will launch a real-time data analyzer and four data collectors sequentially from the end of June 2018 as additions to its iQ Edgecross edge-computing software lineup. iQ Edgecross products support the Edgecross open software platform used to integrate factory automation (FA) and information technology (IT)...
NEC today announced its contributions to field trials in remote medical examinations using 5G. NEC provided a base station system as part of comprehensive 5G demonstration experiments carried out by NTT DOCOMO, INC., the Wakayama Prefectural Government, and Wakayama Medical University and hosted by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications...
Demand for panels – both thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT LCD) and active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) – using oxide backplane technology doubled in 2017, in terms of area, compared to a year ago, according to a latest report from business information provider IHS Markit...
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 3LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce
- 6Asus, Taiwan Mobile, Quanta Collectively Spend NT$1.1B to Establish Taiwan AI Platform
- 7TSMC to Rush Production of 7nm; End Products to Come Out This Year
- 8CES Asia 2018 to Highlight More Than 100 Startups from 13 Countries/Regions
- 9Taiwan Commences Operation of First Peta-Level Supercomputer “Taiwania”
- 10Delta to Establish Robotics R&D Headquarters in Taiwan to Lock Down Smart Robot Arm