According to TrendForce’s latest report, the premium smartphone market experienced weak demand in 1H18, as the vendors...
Synopsys announced its collaboration with TSMC to develop DesignWare Foundation IP for TSMC's 22-nanometer (nm) ultra-low power (ULP) and ultra-low leakage (ULL) processes...
Dr. Mark Liu, President and Co-Chief Executive Officer of TSMC, said that the original Moore's law will reach bottlenecks of 7-nanometer, however, TSMC uses its three-dimensional stacked architecture technology to break the limitation of the Moore's law and move toward 3-nm manufacturing process.
Liu stressed that TSMC has established the complete ecosystems with the intellectual property, automation solutions and equipment providers, and will continue to invest in technology development and research, and to make Taiwan become the strongest fortress in the global semiconductor industry.
He also said that the role of Taiwan's semiconductor industry became more and more important in the global semiconductor market with the share of 21%, where its output ranks first place in the foundry, IC packaging and testing business, and IC design ranks the world's second and the Fourth in memory production. Manufacturers only need one day to complete all the relevant hardware procurement in Taiwan.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1Smartphone Display with Notch Design Estimated to Cost About 20% More, IHS Markit Says
- 2Sony Releases 0.5-type OLED Microdisplay with Top-of-Class UXGA Resolution
- 3YAMAHA Collaborates with ECON Automation to Deliver Integrated Robot Control System
- 4Global LCD TV Shipments Grow More Than 7% in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 5Toshiba Memory Corporation and Synopsys Collaborate to Accelerate 3D Flash Memory Verification