At the IEEE IITC conference, imec and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL) presented a direct Cu etch scheme for patterning Cu interconnects...
Since the 1990s, Applied Materials has been the market leader in the semiconductor equipment space. Previously, Japan’s Tokyo Electron was the market leader going back to 1989.
Chart 1 shows that Applied Materials share of the top eight equipment companies has dropped from 27.2% in Q1-Q3 2017 to 23.8% in Q1-Q3 2018. During the same period, Tokyo Electron’s share increased from 20.2% to 21.8%. Thus, Applied Materials’ lead over Tokyo Electron decreased from 6.0% to just 2.0%.
Data are for semiconductor equipment only and do not include service or spare parts. Foreign currencies were converted to US dollars using exchange rates on a quarterly basis.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Air Liquide and STMicroelectronics to Collaborate on Digital Transformation
- 2DRAM Quotes Continue to Fall in 2Q, Says TrendForce
- 3Asian Assets Development, UWin Nanotech Assist Papua New Guinea in Setting Eco-Friendly Gold Mining
- 4Wiwynn Showcases Immersion Cooling Solution with 3M Fluorinert Electronic Liquids at COMPUTEX 2019
- 5TTA Pavilion Leads Tech Innovation for Tomorrow at Innovex