As expected, most IC suppliers experienced weaker demand and generally poor sales results in the first half of this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and strained U...
HSINCHU, Taiwan - TSMC is showcasing the latest developments in its advanced logic technology, specialty technologies, 3DIC system integration solutions...
The point of this environmental evaluation was concerns about water and electricity usage and whether or not they would bring about any impacts on the water usage of local residents. However, after Taipower and the Water Resources Agency guaranteed a completely flawless supply, the evaluation was amended and passed.
Regarding this decision, TSMC stated that they have selected Southern Taiwan Science Park as the location to establish a 3-nm process factory to manufacture their 12-inch chips.
Meanwhile, TSMC also pledged that after commencing mass production they will expand the use of renewable energy each year, and in order to reduce power consumption burdens in the local area, they expect to use renewable energy for 20% of overall consumption.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1EVs Pushing Battery Prices Down and ESS to Next Phase of Energy Transition, reveals GlobalData
- 2Consumer Electronics Market to Surpass USD 1,500 Billion by 2026, Says Global Market Insigh
- 3Phison Launches World’s Highest Capacity QLC Customizable Enterprise SSD in a 2.5” Form Factor
- 4Bureau Veritas Supports Moxa to Obtain the First IEC 62443-4-1 Certificate
- 5Covestro Invited to Taiwan Sustainable Supply Chain Forum: Building Circular Ecosystems