TAIPEI, Taiwan - At COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2017, LEADTEK Research Inc. will present rich and diversified products that stretch across three major fields, i...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Asia Pacific Telecom Co., Ltd. and Intel yesterday announced their collaboration to develop 5G communications technologies in Taiwan...
This film features the use of futuristic 3D technology and was filmed with 120FPS, 3D, 4K specifications. There are currently only five movie theaters in the world that are capable of screening these specifications, and one of them is in Taiwan. Furthermore, it is being screened in 3D throughout Taiwan.
Interestingly, “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” is not an action movie and has no shocking animations or special effects; however, it still features what are currently the most advanced 3D technologies.
“If I didn’t use 120FPS technology I wouldn’t have made this movie,” said Ang Lee at a press conference appearance.
In his opinion, because the film depicts things about ordinary people, a genuine experience is more important to the audience.
Indeed, after watching the movie, I didn’t have any kind of high pressure feelings like I had had watching 3D movies in the past. On the contrary, I felt like it was relaxing and natural, and Billy Lynn’s facial expressions, and the human subjects in the movie always lingered clearly in my mind.
This has always been the market bottleneck that 3D TV was incapable of overcoming in the past: only few too exaggerated films, it is almost useless. Although the 3D TV had a substantial growth after the launch of Avatar, but then was a flat, boring progress.
However, with the arrival of Billy Lynn the market rules are being rewritten, and a new purpose has been found for 3D TV and 4K TV specification upgrades along with a stronger motivation for consumers to make new purchases.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
- 1The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 2Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 3Ang Lee's New Movie May Re-ignite the 3D TV Market
- 4Sensors for smartphones Are Hot Selling Items
- 5The Conservation Mentality of Smart Agriculture Systems
- 6Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to See 5.5% Growth in 2016
- 7Should TSMC Worry About Intel Cooperating with ARM?
- 8PMOLED Is Showing Its Power of Diversity
- 9Taiwan OLED Display Panel Suppliers Overview
- 10Semiconductor to Continue to be Main Growth Driver for Taiwan in 2017