Leading-edge processes (...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan Excellence, an award that promotes and recognizes innovative Taiwanese brands and products, will...
This film features the use of futuristic 3D technology and was filmed with 120FPS, 3D, 4K specifications. There are currently only five movie theaters in the world that are capable of screening these specifications, and one of them is in Taiwan. Furthermore, it is being screened in 3D throughout Taiwan.
Interestingly, “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” is not an action movie and has no shocking animations or special effects; however, it still features what are currently the most advanced 3D technologies.
“If I didn’t use 120FPS technology I wouldn’t have made this movie,” said Ang Lee at a press conference appearance.
In his opinion, because the film depicts things about ordinary people, a genuine experience is more important to the audience.
Indeed, after watching the movie, I didn’t have any kind of high pressure feelings like I had had watching 3D movies in the past. On the contrary, I felt like it was relaxing and natural, and Billy Lynn’s facial expressions, and the human subjects in the movie always lingered clearly in my mind.
This has always been the market bottleneck that 3D TV was incapable of overcoming in the past: only few too exaggerated films, it is almost useless. Although the 3D TV had a substantial growth after the launch of Avatar, but then was a flat, boring progress.
However, with the arrival of Billy Lynn the market rules are being rewritten, and a new purpose has been found for 3D TV and 4K TV specification upgrades along with a stronger motivation for consumers to make new purchases.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
- 1Foldable Smartphones to Be Launched in 2019 with Penetration Rate of 0.1%
- 2DSP and Language Libraries are the Keys to Smart Voice
- 3Green Palladium Recycling Technology: The Best Way to Combat Soaring Palladium Prices
- 4Localism, US/China Trade War Impacts Taiwan's Manufacturing Industries
- 5Overcoming High-Precision Challenges in Manufacturing with Solid Quality as the Foundation
- 6UWin Nanotech Establishes Japan’s First E-Waste Hydrometallurgy Recycling Plant
- 7UWin Nanotech Develops Rare Earth Metals Recycling Technology
- 8What is the Constant Power Design of LED Driver?