According to TrendForce’s latest report, Breakdown Analysis of China’s Semiconductor Industry, many fabs are being built in China with high capital expenditures...
Demand for liquid crystal display (LCD) panels from South Korean and Chinese TV makers was strong in the fourth quarter of 2017...
This film features the use of futuristic 3D technology and was filmed with 120FPS, 3D, 4K specifications. There are currently only five movie theaters in the world that are capable of screening these specifications, and one of them is in Taiwan. Furthermore, it is being screened in 3D throughout Taiwan.
Interestingly, “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” is not an action movie and has no shocking animations or special effects; however, it still features what are currently the most advanced 3D technologies.
“If I didn’t use 120FPS technology I wouldn’t have made this movie,” said Ang Lee at a press conference appearance.
In his opinion, because the film depicts things about ordinary people, a genuine experience is more important to the audience.
Indeed, after watching the movie, I didn’t have any kind of high pressure feelings like I had had watching 3D movies in the past. On the contrary, I felt like it was relaxing and natural, and Billy Lynn’s facial expressions, and the human subjects in the movie always lingered clearly in my mind.
This has always been the market bottleneck that 3D TV was incapable of overcoming in the past: only few too exaggerated films, it is almost useless. Although the 3D TV had a substantial growth after the launch of Avatar, but then was a flat, boring progress.
However, with the arrival of Billy Lynn the market rules are being rewritten, and a new purpose has been found for 3D TV and 4K TV specification upgrades along with a stronger motivation for consumers to make new purchases.
(TR/ Phil Sweeney)
- 1Mobile Phone Boards Recycling Big Data Reveals Secret of Precious Metals in Electronics
- 2Taiwanese Industrial Tech Has the Characteristics of Being Small and Powerful
- 3TSMC: The Second Act
- 4Taiwan's Semiconductor Industry to Continue Outperform the Global Average in 2017
- 5Taiwan Smartphone Shipments to Resume Growth in 2Q 2017
- 6Chinese Refrigerator, Air Conditioner, Washing Machine Industry Concentration Remains High in 2016
- 7The Next Step In Wireless Charging
- 8UAV Patents Focus on "Navigation by More than One Navigational Value" and " Course in 3D"
- 9Low Carbon Emission Precious Metals Recycling Solution: Hydrometallurgy Metal Stripping Technology
- 10Taiwanese Manufacturers Shipped about 1 Million Servers on the Full System in the Q4 2016