TAIPEI, Taiwan - Intel has outsourced the production of about 15-20% of its non-CPU chips, with most of the wafer starts for these products assigned to TSMC and UMC...
As expected, most IC suppliers experienced weaker demand and generally poor sales results in the first half of this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and strained U...
Morris Chang also pointed that, with the development of advanced process of IC production, the competitors will be getting less and less; moreover TSMC has more prominent technology, capacity, capability and customer relationship than Intel and Samsung.
He added that, first of all TSMC’s 14/16 nm manufacturing process technology is better than Samsung and Intel, the prominent supplier of CPU for big server, has no competition ability yet in the mobile equipment market, where the main target by TSMC.
Secondly, as for the aspect of production capability and capacity, TSMC is far ahead of Samsung, and Intel is not the competitor, either. Lastly, TSMC has gain more confidence by customers than Samsung.
The R&D progress of TSMC’s next-gen 10 nm manufacturing process, whose tape-out will be finished with client for the next year, is achieved on schedule, Morris added.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1Antenova Introduces Lutosa, High Performing Antenna for Small Devices on LTE and 5G Networks
- 2MIKROE’s Universal FUSION Development Board for All Microchip PIC MCU
- 3STMicroelectronics and Feig Collaborate on Contactless Product Personalization
- 4First Dual-output Automotive Dead Reckoning Module Qualified for Operation up to105 °C
- 5SGET Announces New Chairman and Sets Sail for a New Decade