TAIPEI, Taiwan - Intel has outsourced the production of about 15-20% of its non-CPU chips, with most of the wafer starts for these products assigned to TSMC and UMC...
As expected, most IC suppliers experienced weaker demand and generally poor sales results in the first half of this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and strained U...
Morris Chang also pointed that, with the development of advanced process of IC production, the competitors will be getting less and less; moreover TSMC has more prominent technology, capacity, capability and customer relationship than Intel and Samsung.
He added that, first of all TSMC’s 14/16 nm manufacturing process technology is better than Samsung and Intel, the prominent supplier of CPU for big server, has no competition ability yet in the mobile equipment market, where the main target by TSMC.
Secondly, as for the aspect of production capability and capacity, TSMC is far ahead of Samsung, and Intel is not the competitor, either. Lastly, TSMC has gain more confidence by customers than Samsung.
The R&D progress of TSMC’s next-gen 10 nm manufacturing process, whose tape-out will be finished with client for the next year, is achieved on schedule, Morris added.
CTIMES loves to interact with the global technology related companies and individuals, you can deliver your products information or share industrial intelligence. Please email us to email@example.com
- 1MicroSys Partners with AI Chipmaker Hailo to Launch High-Performance, Embedded AI Platform
- 2Samsung Introduces Industry's First Open-Source Software Solution for CXL Memory
- 3A New Memory Device that Can Store and Transmit Data Visually
- 4Phison Practicing ESG and Carbon Reduction by Purchasing Green Power
- 5DRAM Prices Projected to Enter Period of Downswing in 2022, Says TrendForce