ROHM has recently announced the availability of an optical heart rate sensor for smart bands and watches capable of measuring blood pressure...
ROHM has recently announced the availability of dual-input boost-buck charging ICs that support 1 to 4 battery cells for notebook PCs...
Many of today's portable devices (i.e. smartphones and tablets) are driven by single-cell li-ion batteries that deliver an output of approximately 4.2V at full charge. However, when connecting to interfaces requiring 5V output, such as USB, HDMI, and audio amps for speakers, a DC/DC converter is needed to boost the voltage. At the same time, longer battery life along with greater efficiency are demanded in a smaller form factor.
In response, the BD1865GWL features a lower operating limit of 2.5V, prolonging battery life in devices by extending operation down from the conventional 2.7V. In addition, two operating modes are built in, PWM/PFM mode and ROHM's original mixing PWM mode.
The former ensures up to 90% efficiency across all load regions, while the latter prevents unwanted switching noise in audio applications. The BD1865GWL is also capable of delivering output currents up to 2A in a compact 1.6mm x 1.6mm package, contributing to greater end-product miniaturization.
- 1STMicroelectronics Announces New STM32G4 MCUs for Next-Gen Digital Power Applications
- 2Toshiba Launches New Family of Low Voltage Driven Photorelays
- 3u-blox Takes Continuous Lane Accurate Positioning to Challenging Urban Environments
- 4STMicroelectronics’ Programmable Power-Management Device Saves Space and Increases Reliability
- 5Hearables: Bosch Brings Smart Features to Your Ear
- 6u-blox Redefines IoT Security with 5G-ready Cellular Module and Chipset for Low Power Wide Area IoT
- 7HOLTEK’s New HT66F0021/HT66F0031/HT66F0041 Cost-Effective MCUs
- 8HOLTEK New BA45F5222 Smoke Detector MCU
- 9AI Core XP4 and XP8: The Flexible AI Solution with Intel Myriad X
- 10BOXER-8150AI: AI at the Speed of Sight