ROHM has recently announced the availability of an optical heart rate sensor for smart bands and watches capable of measuring blood pressure...
ROHM has recently announced the availability of dual-input boost-buck charging ICs that support 1 to 4 battery cells for notebook PCs...
Many of today's portable devices (i.e. smartphones and tablets) are driven by single-cell li-ion batteries that deliver an output of approximately 4.2V at full charge. However, when connecting to interfaces requiring 5V output, such as USB, HDMI, and audio amps for speakers, a DC/DC converter is needed to boost the voltage. At the same time, longer battery life along with greater efficiency are demanded in a smaller form factor.
In response, the BD1865GWL features a lower operating limit of 2.5V, prolonging battery life in devices by extending operation down from the conventional 2.7V. In addition, two operating modes are built in, PWM/PFM mode and ROHM's original mixing PWM mode.
The former ensures up to 90% efficiency across all load regions, while the latter prevents unwanted switching noise in audio applications. The BD1865GWL is also capable of delivering output currents up to 2A in a compact 1.6mm x 1.6mm package, contributing to greater end-product miniaturization.
- 1Renesas Introduces Ultra-Small RX651 32-Bit MCUs for IoT Modules and Space-Constrained Edge Devices
- 2Toshiba Memory Corporation Introduces XL-FLASH Storage Class Memory Solution
- 3TYAN Launches AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processor Based Server Platform
- 4HOLTEK New HT66F2630 High Accuracy/Low Current LIRC &A/D MCU
- 5UnitedSiC Adds 2 New 650V SiC FET Packages to UF3C FAST Series
- 6ASDM-S-KBU: Bring the Edge to Smart Display Solutions
- 7STM32Trust Ecosystem from STMicroelectronics Consolidates Cyber-Protection Resources for IoT Designe
- 8New UP Core Plus Modular Boards from AAEON
- 9Nuvoton Launches Brand New M261/M262/M263 Series MCUs for IoT Applications
- 10Avalue’s EPD-42T Revolutionary Patient Communication Board Enabled by E Ink ePaper