ROHM and STMicroelectronics today announced it signed a multi-year silicon carbide (SiC) wafers supply agreement with SiCrystal...
ROHM has recently announced the availability of an optical heart rate sensor for smart bands and watches capable of measuring blood pressure...
Many of today's portable devices (i.e. smartphones and tablets) are driven by single-cell li-ion batteries that deliver an output of approximately 4.2V at full charge. However, when connecting to interfaces requiring 5V output, such as USB, HDMI, and audio amps for speakers, a DC/DC converter is needed to boost the voltage. At the same time, longer battery life along with greater efficiency are demanded in a smaller form factor.
In response, the BD1865GWL features a lower operating limit of 2.5V, prolonging battery life in devices by extending operation down from the conventional 2.7V. In addition, two operating modes are built in, PWM/PFM mode and ROHM's original mixing PWM mode.
The former ensures up to 90% efficiency across all load regions, while the latter prevents unwanted switching noise in audio applications. The BD1865GWL is also capable of delivering output currents up to 2A in a compact 1.6mm x 1.6mm package, contributing to greater end-product miniaturization.
- 1PICO-WHU4: Compact Board Built for the Edge
- 2Toshiba Launches Compact High-Speed Communication Logic Output Photocoupler
- 3MEMXPRO Introduces Extra Long Life TLC SSDs for Edge AI & 5G
- 4HOLTEK New BH66F71252 Bluetooth Beacon Transmission 24-bit A/D MCU
- 5Ultra-Low Power and Security for IoT Come First on New STM32L5 MCU from STMicroelectronics
- 6HOLTEK New HT45B3305H CAN Bus Controller
- 7Toshiba Launches Compact, Low Power, High Resolution Micro-stepping Motor Driver IC
- 8STMicroelectronics Reveals Latest Innovation in EV Energy Management for Cleaner and Safer Mobility
- 9A Cornerstone For Storage: Design-Forward External Hard Drive
- 10STMicroelectronics Announces New STM32H7 Product Lines for Smart Devices