ROHM has recently announced the availability of an optical heart rate sensor for smart bands and watches capable of measuring blood pressure...
ROHM has recently announced the availability of dual-input boost-buck charging ICs that support 1 to 4 battery cells for notebook PCs...
Many of today's portable devices (i.e. smartphones and tablets) are driven by single-cell li-ion batteries that deliver an output of approximately 4.2V at full charge. However, when connecting to interfaces requiring 5V output, such as USB, HDMI, and audio amps for speakers, a DC/DC converter is needed to boost the voltage. At the same time, longer battery life along with greater efficiency are demanded in a smaller form factor.
In response, the BD1865GWL features a lower operating limit of 2.5V, prolonging battery life in devices by extending operation down from the conventional 2.7V. In addition, two operating modes are built in, PWM/PFM mode and ROHM's original mixing PWM mode.
The former ensures up to 90% efficiency across all load regions, while the latter prevents unwanted switching noise in audio applications. The BD1865GWL is also capable of delivering output currents up to 2A in a compact 1.6mm x 1.6mm package, contributing to greater end-product miniaturization.
- 1HOLTEK New HT66F2740 High Voltage and High Current MCU
- 2Avalue Introduces EMX-C246P, the Mini ITX Embedded Industrial Motherboard
- 3BOXER-8130AI: Machine Vision that Sees the Whole Picture
- 4Vishay Intertechnology Launches Industry's First AEC-Q200 Qualified Ceramic Disc Capacitors
- 5Toshiba Launches Sensorless Control Pre-Driver IC for Automotive BLDC Motors
- 6Avnet Introduces Ultra96-V2 Development Board
- 7New STM32WB Dual-Core Wireless MCUs from STMicroelectronics
- 8Samsung’s 5G Multi-Mode Exynos Chipsets
- 9AAEON Launches of Second Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
- 10Water-Resistant MEMS Pressure Sensor from STMicroelectronics