ROHM and STMicroelectronics today announced it signed a multi-year silicon carbide (SiC) wafers supply agreement with SiCrystal...
ROHM has recently announced the availability of an optical heart rate sensor for smart bands and watches capable of measuring blood pressure...
Many of today's portable devices (i.e. smartphones and tablets) are driven by single-cell li-ion batteries that deliver an output of approximately 4.2V at full charge. However, when connecting to interfaces requiring 5V output, such as USB, HDMI, and audio amps for speakers, a DC/DC converter is needed to boost the voltage. At the same time, longer battery life along with greater efficiency are demanded in a smaller form factor.
In response, the BD1865GWL features a lower operating limit of 2.5V, prolonging battery life in devices by extending operation down from the conventional 2.7V. In addition, two operating modes are built in, PWM/PFM mode and ROHM's original mixing PWM mode.
The former ensures up to 90% efficiency across all load regions, while the latter prevents unwanted switching noise in audio applications. The BD1865GWL is also capable of delivering output currents up to 2A in a compact 1.6mm x 1.6mm package, contributing to greater end-product miniaturization.
- 1Renesas Introduces DDR5 Data Buffer for High-Performance Server and Cloud Service Applications
- 2Toshiba Launches Photorelays in New Package for High-density Mounting
- 3HOLTEK New HT66F4560 MCU with 4-level Adjustable Bandwidth OPA
- 4HOLTEK New BM25S2021-1 Resistive Temperature and Humidity Digital Sensor
- 5Avalue Bringing 3.5-inch Embedded SBCs, ECM-APL, ECM-APL2-A & ECM-APL2-B
- 6ST Eases Design of Advanced Energy-Saving Power Supplies with Eco-Certified 400W Evaluation Board
- 7Low-Profile Surface-Mount Schottky Diodes from STMicroelectronics Boost Power Density and Efficiency
- 8STMicroelectronics Reveals Fast-Starting Intelligent Power Switches for Demanding Safety Application
- 9BOXER-6842: Powering the Next Generation of Edge AI