Published: May 08,2018
Following the recent announcement that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has filed for an initial public offering (IPO) to raise at least $10bn on the Hong Kong stock exchange, Avi Greengart, Consumer Technology Analyst at GlobalData a leading data and analytics company...
HSINCHU, Taiwan– Vice President Chien-Jen Chen on May 7 visited ITRI GuangFu Innovation Campus to attend the launch ceremony of the Biopharma R&D & Training Collaboration Program between Taiwan and Merck. The program aims at developing advanced biopharmaceutical production technologies and cultivating high-level biopharma talents in Taiwan, with potential benefits to generate NT$10 billion in industry value...
Osram has added to its expertise in semiconductor-based optical security technology by acquiring US-based Vixar Inc. After acquiring Vixar, Osram will have a unique breadth of technological expertise and an expanded product portfolio after bringing on board Vixar's specialist capabilities in the field of VCSEL...
Prices of LCD TV panels of all sizes have been decreasing since the end of 2Q17, and have not shown any sign of stop so far, according to the latest report from WitsView, a division of TrendForce. In 2Q18, TV panel prices will show further decline for various size segments compared with 1Q18: the 32-inch by 20%~22%, the 43-inch by 13%~15%, the 49- to 50-inch range by 12%~14%, the 55-inch by 9%~11%, and the 65-inch by 14~16%...
TAIPEI, Taiwan - AsusTek Computer Inc., Taiwan Mobile, Co., Ltd., and Quanta Computer, Inc. jointly announced that they will collaborate on the construction of a national AI host project in Taiwan to assist in the construction of a next-generation AI computing host...
The TSIA survey showed that Q1 2018 Taiwan IC revenue as a whole (including design, manufacturing, packaging and testing) totaled NT$603.2 billion(US$19.8B) (10.7% decline on-quarter and up 5.6% on-year), with NT$137.2 billion in design(US$4...
- 1The Average Contract Prices of Enterprise SSD May Fall by 10% in 2Q18, Says TrendForce
- 2LG Display Retains Its Lead in the Large Displays Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit Says
- 3TrendForce: Three Major Server DRAM Suppliers Score 10.3% Revenue Growth in 1Q18
- 4Adoption of Under-display Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones to Top 100M Units by 2019
- 5Inspur Will Climb to Third Place in Global Server Shipment Ranking for 1H18, Says TrendForce
- 6Asus, Taiwan Mobile, Quanta Collectively Spend NT$1.1B to Establish Taiwan AI Platform
- 7AUO Announces World’s Highest Resolution Micro LED Display Technology
- 8Taiwan Commences Operation of First Peta-Level Supercomputer “Taiwania”
- 9CES Asia 2018 to Highlight More Than 100 Startups from 13 Countries/Regions
- 10Delta to Establish Robotics R&D Headquarters in Taiwan to Lock Down Smart Robot Arm