Published: May 13,2014
Worldwide motherboard shipments totaled about 36.8 million units in the first quarter of 2014, down 3.1% sequentially, according to MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute). The sequential decline was attributed to soft market demand after Chinese Lunar New Year, which led to relatively high inventory levels...
According to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute), an ICT industry research institute based in Taipei, shipment volume of Taiwanese branded mobile phones topped about 4.33 million units in the fourth quarter of 2013...
The TV market in India is going through many changes, as consumers replace legacy CRT sets with LCD TVs and shift to larger sizes. As recently as 2012, only 44% of total TV shipments were LCD TVs, but almost 97% will be LCD TVs by 2015—and by 2016, LCD will be the only TV technology in India, according to the NPD DisplaySearch...
The NB shipment for Q1’14 reached 40.5 M units, declining 12% QoQ because of the traditional slow season and the inventory accumulated since Q4 last year that needed to be digested, according to the latest NB shipment survey by WitsView, the display research division of TrendForce...
Since reaching a peak in 2011, the global TV market has seen continuous declines, falling by 6% in 2012 and by 3% in 2013.LCD TV shipment growth fell into single digits in 2011, experienced its first decline in 2012, and grew by only 2% in 2013, which was not enough to make up for falling shipments of plasma and CRT TVs...
In retrospect, the worldwide motherboard shipments were lower than expected in the first quarter of 2013. This was mainly attributed to vendors' inventory stock-up ahead of the Chinese New Year and the still lackluster market demand after the holiday...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 2Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 3Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 4Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 5Shipment Value of Key Computing Chips is Estimated to Grow Over US$10 Billion by 2019
- 6Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 7Worldwide Large TFT-LCD Panel Supply Area to Increase by 6% in 2014
- 8End-User Applications in Transport Services and Special Machinery Remain Unchartered Territory
- 9Large-area LCD TV Panels' Increasing Share Increases Average Panel Size in 4Q 2015
- 102Q14 Mobile DRAM Revenue Ranking Shifts, SK Hynix Retakes Second with 35% Growth