Published: Jul 18,2014
In 2013, worldwide mobile phone market volume reached approximately 1.82 billion units. It is anticipated that the mobile market volume will touch 1.88 billion units in 2014, with a 3.0% year-on-year growth. According to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute), smartphones alone is forecast to hit around 1...
Shipment volume of the Greater China notebook PC industry reached approximately 34.4 million units in the first quarter of 2014, down 14% sequentially and 5.1% year-on-year, according to MIC. Notwithstanding, the industry's shipment volume decline rate in the first quarter is lower than previously expected at around 20%...
Both glass-based and film-based sensors are evolving to improve performance, while at the same time becoming thinner and lighter, and increasing optical quality. The latest report from NPD DisplaySearch forecasts that the total touch sensor area yield of projective capacitive, in-cell, on-cell, and resistive sensors, will reach 23...
Following cylindrical cells price and volume usage declines, supply and demand for the technology is expected to remain flat in the second quarter of 2014, due to lowered supply coupled with slight demand increases. Additionally, manufacturers estimate prices will stabilize, ending roughly a two-year decline, according to recent findings from EnergyTrend, a subsidiary of Taiwan-based market intelligence firm TrendForce...
Contrary to PV manufacturers’ high utilization rates spurred by UK and Japan market demands in first quarter of 2014, pricing in the PV industry is likely to drop in the following quarter, according to EnergyTrend, a subsidiary of Taiwan-based market intelligence firm TrendForce...
In the first quarter of 2014, traditionally a weak season for consumer electronic products, shipment volume of global tablet TFT-LCD panels reached 601.4 million units, down 32.6% sequentially. This decline is mainly ascribed to the fact that inventory clearance took place in the first quarter of 2014 following panel replenishment in the fourth quarter of 2013...
- 12013 Worldwide Server Market Grew 2.1 % in Shipments, Revenue Decreased 4.5 % for the Year
- 2Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 3Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 4Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 5Shipment Value of Key Computing Chips is Estimated to Grow Over US$10 Billion by 2019
- 6Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 7Worldwide Large TFT-LCD Panel Supply Area to Increase by 6% in 2014
- 8End-User Applications in Transport Services and Special Machinery Remain Unchartered Territory
- 9Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 10Large-area LCD TV Panels' Increasing Share Increases Average Panel Size in 4Q 2015