Published: Jul 30,2014
The worldwide tablet grew 11.0% year over year in the second quarter of 2014 (2Q14) with shipments reaching 49.3 million units according to preliminary data from the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker...
In the absence of new Apple products, tablets shipped to Apple - the major client taking up nearly 70% of Taiwanese tablet shipments - witnessed a 38% sequential decline in the first quarter of 2014, to approximately 16 million units...
In 2013, worldwide mobile phone market volume reached approximately 1.82 billion units. It is anticipated that the mobile market volume will touch 1.88 billion units in 2014, with a 3.0% year-on-year growth. According to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute), smartphones alone is forecast to hit around 1...
Shipment volume of the Greater China notebook PC industry reached approximately 34.4 million units in the first quarter of 2014, down 14% sequentially and 5.1% year-on-year, according to MIC. Notwithstanding, the industry's shipment volume decline rate in the first quarter is lower than previously expected at around 20%...
Both glass-based and film-based sensors are evolving to improve performance, while at the same time becoming thinner and lighter, and increasing optical quality. The latest report from NPD DisplaySearch forecasts that the total touch sensor area yield of projective capacitive, in-cell, on-cell, and resistive sensors, will reach 23...
Following cylindrical cells price and volume usage declines, supply and demand for the technology is expected to remain flat in the second quarter of 2014, due to lowered supply coupled with slight demand increases. Additionally, manufacturers estimate prices will stabilize, ending roughly a two-year decline, according to recent findings from EnergyTrend, a subsidiary of Taiwan-based market intelligence firm TrendForce...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 2Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 3Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 4Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 5Shipment Value of Key Computing Chips is Estimated to Grow Over US$10 Billion by 2019
- 6Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 7Worldwide Large TFT-LCD Panel Supply Area to Increase by 6% in 2014
- 8End-User Applications in Transport Services and Special Machinery Remain Unchartered Territory
- 9Large-area LCD TV Panels' Increasing Share Increases Average Panel Size in 4Q 2015
- 10Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Spending Declined 11.5% in 2013