By NPD DisplaySearch
Published: Oct 01,2014
Large-size panel shipments benefiting from peak-season incentives reached 72.01 million in August, increasing on month 5.6% compared to 2.7% a year ago, according to WitsView, a subsidiary of the Taiwan-based market intelligence firm TrendForce...
Shipment volume of global PC systems - comprising of notebook PCs and desktop PCs - is forecast to reach around 299 million units in 2014, down 0.1% year-on-year, according to MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute). The global PC industry has been bolstered mainly by the PC replacement demand in the commercial market in 2014...
Global semiconductor market value is estimated to reach approximately US$336.3 billion units in 2015, up 3.1% in comparison to 2014, delighted by the arrival of the Apple Watch and IOT (Internet Of Things) devices, according to MIC (Market Intelligence and Consulting Institute)...
Worldwide 4K2K panel shipments are estimated to total around 17.23 million units in 2014, up 473.4% in comparison to 2013, according to MIC (Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute). "4K2K LCD TV panels continue to gain intense market attention in 2014, as evidenced by global panel makers' continued aggressive plans for 4K2K panels, " said Brian Chen, industry analyst with MIC...
In the second quarter of 2014, the Chinese smartphone industry's shipment volume reached 104.2 million units, up 17% sequentially, with a total number of 560 models launched during the quarter. Over 85% of the smartphones sold in China were low-cost models with a price tag below 2,000 RMB (US$325...
Shipment volume of Taiwanese smartphone brands topped around 78.1 million units in the second quarter of 2014, up 65% sequentially and 13.8% year-on-year. Lackluster sales of HTC M8 had dragged down the industry's growth rate and led to a higher inventory level, thereby slowing shipments for M8 in the subsequent quarter...
- 1Mobile DRAM Revenue Drops Slightly in 4Q13, Micron Benefits from Elpida Acquisition
- 2Chinese Branded Orders and White-box Orders to Give a Boost to Server Shipments in 2014
- 3Taiwanese IP Camera Shipment Volume Tops 2.33 Million Units in 1H 2015, Up 14.9% YoY
- 4Shipment Value of Key Computing Chips is Estimated to Grow Over US$10 Billion by 2019
- 5Global LED Market Value at US$14.32 Billion in 2015 with Industry Posting Its First YoY Decline
- 6Worldwide Large TFT-LCD Panel Supply Area to Increase by 6% in 2014
- 7Server Virtualization Continues to Grow in EMEA but Mega-Datacenters are Changing the Game
- 8End-User Applications in Transport Services and Special Machinery Remain Unchartered Territory
- 9Large-area LCD TV Panels' Increasing Share Increases Average Panel Size in 4Q 2015
- 102Q14 Mobile DRAM Revenue Ranking Shifts, SK Hynix Retakes Second with 35% Growth